Thread: Cat brings out their new 600cc 2-stroke

Default Cat brings out their new 600cc 2-stroke

Been a lot of speculation over the last year, especially since the announcement that Cat will be phasing out the Suzuki motors. But now Cat has added their in-house C-TEC2 dual stage direct injection 2-stroke motor to the lineup. Built in their Minnesota plant with domestic parts. A unique new motor design, but take note of the long stroke and all the "extra room" around the cylinders. This motor will no doubt be the basis of an in-house 800cc for next year as all they have to do is bore it out about a cm to get there. Should be interesting to see how this performs. Good to see a 600 class back in the lineup.

They also added a Yamaha 1100 4-stroke to some of their models. So the rumors of a Yamaha deal are also true.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    Been a lot of speculation over the last year, especially since the announcement that Cat will be phasing out the Suzuki motors. But now Cat has added their in-house C-TEC2 dual stage direct injection 2-stroke motor to the lineup. Built in their Minnesota plant with domestic parts. A unique new motor design, but take note of the long stroke and all the "extra room" around the cylinders. This motor will no doubt be the basis of an in-house 800cc for next year as all they have to do is bore it out about a cm to get there. Should be interesting to see how this performs. Good to see a 600 class back in the lineup.

They also added a Yamaha 1100 4-stroke to some of their models. So the rumors of a Yamaha deal are also true.
    Do you think they might actually get one of these across the Irondog finish line? Lol
    As I recall cat didn't have any finishers last year.
    Hopefully they have put all their design flaws of the last few years new models behind them.
    You going to buy another new one this year? Maybe get one for your wife?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Cat hasn't had a 600 class sled for a few years now. We'll have to see how the new motor design holds up and performs. They've done some completely new things with this engine.

My new M800 performed beautifully last year. I could not and never have been happier with a snowmachine. Fast, light, nimble without a single problem. It has been a long summer for her, but we both feel the nip in the air and the morning frost in hunting camp last week was the sign I've been waiting for. Now all those stupid fishing poles can go back up in the shed's rafters and the polar fleece can come back out of the closet.

When/if I ever manage to find a new wife, I'll gladly buy her one.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Flashback...

Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!