Thread: September 11, 2013 Report

Default September 11, 2013 Report

It was a pretty warm one for me, I actually ended up with a little sunburn. Left in the boat at about 5:15 and got where we were headed by about 6:25. We got everything set up and then nothing happened for about 5 hours. I was falling asleep when we finally got some action. After about an hour, I'd finally gotten the 200 pound blue marlin to the boat. Leader in hand, fish by the boat, about to take pictures and he got off. Oh well, it was a fun hour of fighting...

As I said in our text messages, Pics or it didn't happen.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    As I said in our text messages, Pics or it didn't happen.

As I said in our first text messages, I don't care what you said in our first text messages! My arm/shoulder are killing me today. It's absolutely demoralizing to get the fish within 50 yards of the boat only to have him strip off 500 yards in about 10 seconds.

Glad to see you having fun! Enjoy the heat!
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Last time i was in Cabo, caught a 250 lb striped marlin (i think average striper). I think you have your marlins confused. Blue marlin are the ones that commonly get up around 1000 lbs and sometimes bigger, a 200 lb blue is just a baby. We found a great deal walking the docks at Cabo, those charter boats are pretty expensive, we found a guy in a older boat, i think about 26 ft, who with his deck hand took us out for about $200, had the boat to ourselves, rather then just a seat with 6 fisherman. Great time. Bud
    Wasilla

Default September 11, 2013 Report

That's so brutal. U know how hard it's been raining here!! Rubbing it in people's face is not kind.

Posted from the field.

thats a nice mihi mihi, (spelling??), those are really fun fish to catch. The panga guys in San Jose catch a lot of those in smaller boats, much cheaper than a big marlin boat, and more fun on light salmon rods. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    Last time i was in Cabo, caught a 250 lb striped marlin (i think average striper). I think you have your marlins confused. Blue marlin are the ones that commonly get up around 1000 lbs and sometimes bigger, a 200 lb blue is just a baby. We found a great deal walking the docks at Cabo, those charter boats are pretty expensive, we found a guy in a older boat, i think about 26 ft, who with his deck hand took us out for about $200, had the boat to ourselves, rather then just a seat with 6 fisherman. Great time. Bud

I never said it was any kind of record, just telling you what I caught! It was a feisty little SOB, too. And, 200 pounds is 200 pounds! The deckhand said he thought it was 300, but without any sort of measurements, I just say 200 so I'm not telling a fishing story!

Quote Originally Posted by DucksAndDogs View Post
    I never said it was any kind of record, just telling you what I caught! It was a feisty little SOB, too. And, 200 pounds is 200 pounds! The deckhand said he thought it was 300, but without any sort of measurements, I just say 200 so I'm not telling a fishing story!
    erroneous, without pictures of the fish, it shall be counted as a fishing story. Basically one step up from an all out lie. So did you get any other species other than this "blue marlin" that you keep yacking about?

LMAO!! Maybe he caught some crabs.. I know he caught a buzz..

erroneous, without pictures of the fish, it shall be counted as a fishing story. Basically one step up from an all out lie. So did you get any other species other than this "blue marlin" that you keep yacking about?
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Sorry, no disrespect was intended to either you or your marlin. Any 200-300 lb fish is certainly a prize. I've just always heard of blue marlin being the real monsters, up to 1000 lbs, and kinda dumb of me not to consider that they have to be in the 200-300 lb range before getting huge like a few of them do. My striper was no trophy, but it was a fish of a lifetime for me, doubt if I will ever catch another one. Yea, it was a big powerful fish and a thrill to catch, but i had more fun with the 20-30 lb mihai-mihai on 20 lb salmon tackle. Those thing jump and run like no other fish and are a blast to catch, yours is very impressive, bigger then any that i caught. Bud
    Wasilla

Well, since I don't have any pictures, I guess not. That's a shame, too, I had planned on dropping off some ahi and some mahi mahi to you when I got back to town, but without pictures, they don't exist...

Well, since I don't have any pictures, I guess not. That's a shame, too, I had planned on dropping off some ahi and some mahi mahi to you when I got back to town, but without pictures, they don't exist...
    Hey I believe you I'll take his share

Sent while hiding from the boss

Just remember buddy, I've got your yeti cooler and I ain't afraid to sell it! So bring the fish over, nice and slow. And why the heck didn't you get pictures of them.

I was gonna chime in with negative comments, but it appears we are dealing with a man versed in the art of mockery.....I will however pay you $50.00 for that yeti cooler...understanding mockery, and being present while your stuff gets sold does not equate...

mahi mahi dude
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Mahi mahi! That one in the pic was 55#'s!!

Posted from the field.