Thread: Lost Gun (Denali Ywy)

Default Lost Gun (Denali Ywy)

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/wan/4059661414.html

Lost your gun? (Denali Hwy)
    If you lost your gun while hunting off the Denali Hwy, it has been turned into the State Troopers in Palmer. You can claim it there. Please let us know if you claim it, as we have some information for you regarding it.

good man!!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    good man!!!!!
    I agree the person who posted it on CL is a good person.

IT WAS NOT ME. I should have mention that.

Wonder what the information is? Hope the person that lost it gets it back.

makes you wonder if it was found near a harvest site--- or a poached/ wanton waste??

I hate it when you start to think the worst of people

Chris

May be the reason the guy is wanting the owner to get in contact with him, is if no one pick up the rifle he can claim it. If there was a problem with want an wasted the LEO would be talking to the owner.

Says to claim at the State Troopers....

So you can read in to two ways;

The way we always hope- good samariton finding it and trying to get it back to the owners..

OR the Troopers (or someone) found it near a poach/wanton waste/cow ect. and now they would like to find out who the rifle belongs too.

doing a serial number check, they will find what distributor sold it to what gun shop, then if shop still open and sale was in last 24 years... they can get to whom it was sold originally.
    We all know that sometimes you got to sell a rifle, whether to get a new one, to pay bills, or you just fell out of love with it.

So, serial number checks run into deadends rather frequently.

Chris

I'm near positive this is my wife's rifle. I got a call from an off duty trooper last night that saw my ad on Alaska's list and another from a forum member that saw both the Ak list ad and this post. I'll be making a trip to Palmer today as soon as the trooper calls me back. As far as all the speculation this Alaska Territory born resident pisses off the ravens that visit my kill sites. Thanks to the person that found this weapon and turned it in. I am very grateful.

AK TA,

glad you all are getting your rifle back.

hopoefully the wife isn't too upset about all the hassle.

We have all been in similar situations.

one of the naysayers---
    Chris

We picked up our rifle at the Palmer State Trooper office today. I would like to express my appreciation to any and all that posted here, to the individual who called me after seeing my ad on Alaskaslist, the Trooper who called me after seeing the same ad to advise me it was at the Palmer office. To whomever found and brought the rifle to the Palmer State Troopers, I can't express my appreciation enough. Thank you Sir or Mam.
    Terry

Now if someone would just find my rifle that floated down Butte Creek last year I'd be happy too....loaned it to a friend, ranger didn't float, and the only thing lost was my rifle, oh well. at least everyone came home safe. And if anyone finds a 338 Weatherby with a Nikon Scope inside a kolpin case, nicely rusted at this point I'd like it back.