Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kids hunting pics...

Default Kids hunting pics...

So I have mentioned it more then once and even to the higher ups but didnt get much of a response so after seeing 323's awesome pic of his daughter and her caribou I thought I would start my own thread.. Nothing against you fellows out there but there is something special about those kids getting it done.. I would much rather see the pics of the kids highlighted in thier own thread so if you feel like posting your youngins pics and braggin on them please do so.. here are my kids, not quite hunting but gettin ready...

my 3yo boy is a bit too young(Ill take him on a caribou hunt next year) but he is ready with his ranger..

here is my daughter gettin some lessons from a good friend, her bio dad never really got her into hunting but thats gonna change real soon..

Way to go BEAR!!! I will forever be grateful to my father who introduced me to hunting at a very early age! One day I will continue the tradition with my kids. Keep Hunting alive forever!

Quote Originally Posted by mtncowboy View Post
    Way to go BEAR!!! I will forever be grateful to my father who introduced me to hunting at a very early age! One day I will continue the tradition with my kids. Keep Hunting alive forever!
    thanks Cowboy.... Ya know with every passing year and now having my own family I think I am finally realizing how great my dad did bringing me up in a hunting setting. It wasnt easy considering where we were at the time.. He taught me the values of hunting and that its not just about a kill,its about traditions,to some a culture but for me at least its becoming more about family..my fondest memories are of those with my dad and to be honest on most of those hunts I couldnt even tell you if we got something.. Just look at some of the recent posts here...323 with his family,jake with his family,Robs daughter,the young man and his once in a life time sheep, just the kids out there in general harvesting or not... What are we with out our future,may sound a little bubble gum but its true...

Kids have their own forum here,zero post of course. I to would like to see a kids/family hunting pic section.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Kids have their own forum here,zero post of course. I to would like to see a kids/family hunting pic section.
    True story, but we haven't yet put much effort into building it, inviting them in, and seeding it with content. I'll take the blame on that one.

As for Bear's idea, he has indeed approached us and it seems like a great idea. Let's roll with a photo thread for now and we'll make something more permanent as the need is apparent.

Default Kids hunting pics...

We do a little hunting...

3 generation hunt with the father in laws nice forkie

Oldest and his first bear, shot at 175 yards spot and stalk

Next big one is a a November cow hunt with the oldest as the designated shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I seen that too will so I just thought I would be a little more pushy and bring it up again here,Kids/Family sounds great to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    True story, but we haven't yet put much effort into building it, inviting them in, and seeding it with content. I'll take the blame on that one.

As for Bear's idea, he has indeed approached us and it seems like a great idea. Let's roll with a photo thread for now and we'll make something more permanent as the need is apparent.
    Thanks Brian didnt mean to be too pushy...

Attachment 73693Attachment 73694

Put these in the unit 13 thread but here they are as well.

angry birds.jpgDSCN1018.jpg

Here's my boy Evan... we haven't been able to get him on the right caribou yet this season but he is hell on the ptarmigan!
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

A little pre-season training

A little trail snacking

More dead moose.

Some time at the bench

Hare assault

That's enough for now

I've had the great pleasure of introducing my oldest nephew to hunting over the past five or six years. It started with some hares, moved on to some grouse, and eventually led to his first caribou which is bigger than anything I've been able to take. Nephew #2 starts in a few weeks.

Here are a few from the past year

My sons for out of state hunt he got his first dove and he had a couple of chances at at whitetail with his bowAttachment 73704Attachment 73705
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Here he is with his first big game last year a cow caribou he scored again this year with another cowAttachment 73707Attachment 73708
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Default Sons

Great thread. I rarely have input on the forum, but truly enjoy viewing the photos of kids out hunting and enjoying the outdoors. It is an incredible experience watching my kids harvest animals and seeing the excitement in their faces. Here are a few of our great memories over the last couple years.

Carson's first antelope
    IMG_2778_4.jpg

Jake's first caribou
    IMG_2761.jpg

Default Son cont.

Carson's Whitetail
    IMG_2629 2.jpg

Jake grouse
    IMG_2564.jpg

Default sons cont.

Carson's first caribou
    IMG_2534.jpg

and first fox
    IMG_2511.jpg

Default sons cont.

Boys Thanksgiving turkeys
    IMAG0194.jpg

Jake's Hare
    IMAG0006.jpg

Even the dog couldn't stop smiling LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post

Here's a few photos of my kids doing what they love to do. IMG-20121008-00690.jpgP1010658-1.JPG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast