Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ???....GoPro® HERO3: Black Edition Cameras.....???

Default ???....GoPro® HERO3: Black Edition Cameras.....???

What do you like or dislike about this Camera.......???

Video quality is amazing! Battery sucks!

I dont have the HERO3 I have the 2 and I would say the only down fall is the battery but the thing does so much and takes really good video. I have a video of a bird I shot off my bow and it didnt distort at all when I shot the bow. I have not put it on a gun but have seen videos with no problem. GOPR0011.jpg ill post a video in a little.

Is there any cure for the battery issue.........???

Is $300.00 a fair price.......???

I have more than one battery for it and I just keep it off when I dont need it and have it on when I do. They die fast when you keep it on. I took it up on the Hall road and got a lot of really good video. having it on when I want it the two batteries lasted all week just about. As for the 300... thats about right and your going to need a big sd card so add about 80 more to that.

The video quality on the HERO 3 is absolutely stunning, especially for a camera that size. It would be nice if they made a zoom for it, but its still a pretty amazing piece of gear.

Battery life is weak, but new batteries are 20 bucks so not to expensive. Other than that its an awesome camera. You do need to be pretty close to things as it has about zero magnification

I was shocked at how quickly the battery goes. I have the 2 and ordered 4 batteries just to be sure. There are also no shortage of accessories out there.

2 tips...
    Unless recording something specific I found that lots of short 15 second clips are great because you can delete the ones that did not turn out well.

HD video takes up a lot if your computers memory. Storing your unprocessed video footage on an external hard drive or something similar helps.

Have fun.

Make sure and down load the update software. It does help with battery life

Just like everyone else has said....the camera is great. Battery only lasts about 1 hour. You can buy a batter that attaches to the back and gives you 2 hours. Otherwise, the only options are extra batteries. You could also get a solar charger...

Cabelas have them on sale, $70 off and you also get a $ 30 cabelas gift card. Saving $100

I recently got the Hero3 silver edition. I didn't need the advanced video options of the black edition and I can use my phone or tablet as a remote. Used it a lot catching silvers down in Valdez and it worked out well. As others mentioned, the little battery doesn't last long so I plan to get some replacements off of Amazon. The ones linked below seem to have good reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-B...I3G53N9ZIHRKHC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqANsl28fnM" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

Default Contrary Opinion

The GoPro is so BIG. My ReplayXD, by contrast, is easily wearable and mountable. For half the price of a GoPro I got the 720p version, which still produces excellent video in a package a little larger than a lipstick case. Battery life remains an issue, which is why I also have a hardwire kit for mounting on my race car. Additional battery packs are available..

I just bought the Silver edition. Same video quality, a few less features I'm not likely to use anyway and double the battery life. GoPro's are neat little cameras and add a cool dimension to recording personal adventures, but do invest in extra batteries. And a car charger.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

I have the GoPro Silver & really like it but the battery stinks so I bought a extra battery for $20.00.
    I did see they have a longer life battery that attaches to the original battery but you then also need to buy a new back to make it work & still be waterproof!!

Would you guys (Erik and G-man or anyone else for that matter) purchase the silver again or get the gold edition?
    I am conteplating purchasing a GoPro 3 , just not sure which model.
    Thanks,
    BK

Not sure what you mean by "gold edition". I assume you mean the black edition. Personally, I am fine with the silver as the black just had more video options that I really didn't need and a few other things like the remote which is again not necessary.

Now, if I were to consider purchasing another one to use along with the Silver, I might consider a black edition. I only say this because I would have to assume that needing a second one meant I was using it a lot and making a lot of videos. At that time I probably could use some of the advanced features of the black edition.

Quote Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "gold edition". I assume you mean the black edition. Personally, I am fine with the silver as the black just had more video options that I really didn't need and a few other things like the remote which is again not necessary.

Now, if I were to consider purchasing another one to use along with the Silver, I might consider a black edition. I only say this because I would have to assume that needing a second one meant I was using it a lot and making a lot of videos. At that time I probably could use some of the advanced features of the black edition.
    I meant Black, correct.
    The main difference I see is the better low light capability, according to the website anyway. Just wondering if it's noticable between the two?
    I would like to use it for trolling or check out h-but activity while fishing less than 200'.
    BK

bkmail,
    I intend to pick up another Silver in the future, but also a couple of used Hero 2's. They take really crisp video. The guy to talk to is akjeff. He's a video makin' fool.

Knik Valley Films on Youtube
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast