Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arctic trails?

Default Arctic trails?

Any info on what happened to this site?

I don't know for sure but I'm going to guess Gary killed it because nobody hardly posted on there for the last year. It was a good popular site but dead on there the last 6 months unlike previous winters. I don't know how to get a hold of Gary and ask him, other people on here know him.

I doubt Gary killed the forum, but that is just my speculation. Id say mor8e b7b7u5t my k8eyboard is screwy from spilling beer on i5t last night

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    I doubt Gary killed the forum, but that is just my speculation. Id say mor8e b7b7u5t my k8eyboard is screwy from spilling beer on i5t last night
    It's been months now- too long for a comp problem, he must have axed it. Too bad, it had the best alaska trail info on the net.

Default How about adding a Trails Section to the site?

I wonder if we could have a disscusion with the WebMaster and setup a section under the site somewhere posting known trails and their current conditions?

I think it would benifit all ATV, Mountain Bikers, Hunters, Fishing, Hikers, Snowmachiners, etc.. users of the site.

Don't know how many people would agree. I supose we could get a new thread or Poll going.

Thoughs before moving forward?

Dave
    Live life now, or forever wish you did!

Default Trails!!

I'm game!!!

This would help to inform people of where and where not to ride. I know there's a lot of trails out there, but since I haven't been in Alaska very long, I don't know where/where not to ride. In other states I have been, the BLM/fish and Game worked closely together to put out ATV trail maps for everyone's use (Idaho, Montana, and Utah all are great places to ride!!! And maps where easy to acquire!)

The one negative thing to doing this is this will put more "nuisance" people out on the trails (ones that don't follow the rules, don't clean up after themselves, drive where they're not suppose too). Posting your favorite "hidden" trail will get more of these people out there...

Don't know just throwing out my ramblings....

Default Moving this....

Opps....I just found a section on Fourm ideas and suggestions. I', going to copy my post over to there

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...p?t=438&page=5

Dave

Manny,

I agree. If you do post your hidden little getaways, the do tend to get trashed. But on the other hand, there are MANY trails out there that we all used to post current conditions for others to view.

Sometimes, postings were made about trails needing work or maintenace and some of us would pitch in and get'r done.

There is a pro and con to everything in this life.

Quote Originally Posted by AKLoser View Post
    Opps....I just found a section on Fourm ideas and suggestions. I', going to copy my post over to there

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...p?t=438&page=5

Dave
    I'm game, sounds like a good idea. a place where all the trails names are listed and people can supply information and conditions on these trails. I have a lotta info on the trails off the Glenn.

It would be a valuable resource for people like me - new to the state and looking for trails. I want to get involved as much as possible when I get back home from Iraq. I'll be in for trail maintenance, clean-ups, etc. (And group trail rides of course. )

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Default Stay safe

AKsoldier....Keep your butt safe while your there man!

Brian M. stated that they will be working a Trails section into the site soon. Can't wait. I get out every weekend and I'm always riding somewhere before hunting season gets going. I don't like riding the hunting trails and disturbing the hunters come August and September, so I'm always looking for the getaway areas to go to during this time.

Dave

Default Trails Directions

I copied and saved the directions to all the trails that Arctic trails had listed before the site went down. I did this when the first admin said he was done with the site just so I would know where to go ride. I can send this to someone for upload if they wanted to create a sticky thread. It doesn't have trail conditions, just directions to get there. I am here with AK Soldier too. I'll try to keep him safe. Water_Gremlin, when we get back, we will have to go do another long ride.

Wade

You better make sure to bring some goggles worth a dam the next time. A truck load of visine couldn't have solved your problem.

I hope to make atleast one trip to Eureka again to hit some grayling.

Seriously, one of these days I will get ahold of Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHinER View Post
    I am here with AK Soldier too. I'll try to keep him safe.

Wade
    Just remember - I'm the one with the SAW.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Take care over there guys. Wade I was on that ride in Eureka with you, good trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    You better make sure to bring some goggles worth a dam the next time. A truck load of visine couldn't have solved your problem.
    Hmmm....Get some mud in yer eye?

Default directions to all the trails

Quote Originally Posted by BigHinER View Post
    I copied and saved the directions to all the trails that Arctic trails had listed before the site went down. I did this when the first admin said he was done with the site just so I would know where to go ride. I can send this to someone for upload if they wanted to create a sticky thread. It doesn't have trail conditions, just directions to get there. I am here with AK Soldier too. I'll try to keep him safe. Water_Gremlin, when we get back, we will have to go do another long ride.

Wade
    BigHinER (Wade) I would be intrested in the copied files you have. I'm currently working with the Webmaster on an Idea to re-post all these within the Alaska Outdoors Directory™ Forums.

Simply e-mail them to me at Loser@Alaska.com if you would please. We're hoping to open this area within the next month. (Or when I can find time to keep working on it.) (It's summer after all. Gotta Play first

Dave

Smile BigHinER

Hey BigHinER
    I would really aprieciate a copy of the trail directions you have sence i had just gotten my machine about the time the artictrails site went down But it deffinatly had directions i would like to have if you could email them to me in any form you have them in
    thanks the happy alaskan
    ak69_99567@yahoo.com

Default Trails

Same here!!!

Yeah if you could send some to mannythehunter@yahoo.com.. that would be great!!!

Thanks

Any chance you could just post them on this board, so that everyone can see them? If not, I too would like a copy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast