Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Friend

Default Lost Friend

Was hunting at the end of Marathon Rd in Kenai entering the Refuge lost my 13 yr old GSP. His name is Yukon he is a liver colored dog with a white chest patch. Alot of grey in his face and paws and is really friendly, his collar has our contacts on it. Please keep an eye open.

Jacob

Been there myself and hope you are as lucky as I have been.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck.

Aye, Sincerely hope you find him.

Will keep my eye open and pass on the info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Sorry to hear that as well. If you have a bed or blanket of his, you may want to bring it back to the area you lost him at and leave it. If he's still around there he'll find it and probably stay there for awhile.

Good luck.......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Sorry to hear about losing your pup. But I agree with 4merguide. That might work really well.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by catchfish View Post
    Was hunting at the end of Marathon Rd in Kenai entering the Refuge lost my 13 yr old GSP. His name is Yukon he is a liver colored dog with a white chest patch. Alot of grey in his face and paws and is really friendly, his collar has our contacts on it. Please keep an eye open.

Jacob
    Just shared your info with a GSP group I am part of on facebook. There are several members in the area that can keep their eyes peeled. Hope you find your buddy!

I drive that area every day, I'll let my family know to look for him too.

Did you find yer dog? I posted on facebook last nite. I'm in kenai and will keep an eye out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

As of today I still have not found Yukon, I left his crate with food and bedding where I lost him. I have also got permission to drive onto the refuge but have not located him. Thank You for the thoughts

Ok. I know how difficult this is for you. I'll drive around out there and do some scouting too.

He will head home if possible, so watch for him between where you lost him and home. Dogs have amazing homing skills. I had my dog run 7 miles and through town to get home when we got separated while out hiking. She was on the back porch when we came home that evening from looking for her where I lost her.

As of today I still have not found Yukon, I left his crate with food and bedding where I lost him. I have also got permission to drive onto the refuge but have not located him. Thank You for the thoughts
    Sorry to hear that, but don't give up hope. A friend of mine lost his britney for over a week up at slack water after a brownie got on her. He thought it was all over but she happened to wander out onto the road, bruised and battered, and somebody found her and called.
    We all hope for the best for you and Yukon....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Good luck finding Yukon. I believe it is a good idea taking his crate and bedding to the area. I lost my GSP once and left my sweaty shirt where I last seen him. After she got done running the deer she came back, two days later. Farmer found her and I got her back luckily.

Good hunting
    Mark

My wife and I went out searching and calling for him a little. Saw the crate. The dog treat in his dish was touching. I sincerely hope you are reunited soon.

All I can offer is this, atleast with my dog, who I have lost a few times, if I stay put and call that seems to be the best. I have hiked and called, and the dog just gets confused. My dog is good too at tracking and such. I have ever since witnessing it that I stay where I want her to come too. I will call on my way to where I want to be, then try to only call from there, it's hard. But if you keep moving and calling the dog will keep moving too and ends up backtracking and just getting confused.

Hope you get her back. Current tags and micro chip? Call the pound?

Jacob
    I was thinking about running my dog out there tomorrow, can you give me an idea of where you were? I spend a lot of time out there with my dog too, i'm sorry to hear about your situation. Feel free to PM me.

Geez I hate when they get lost!
    I've spent many of sleepless nights with lost bird dogs.
    I hope he's found safe. Good luck.

When I was a kid back in Ohio, we ran foxes with our hounds. A gray fox would simply circle, but a red fox would pass through several counties, and the dogs might be gone for five or six days. They ALWAYS came home, though a bit skinnier and quite tired. Your dog will return home, if he can. I don't want to rain on your parade, but thirteen years is getting right on up there . . . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast