Thread: anyone use inflatable boats for ducks?

Default anyone use inflatable boats for ducks?

I found this site online www.AlpineBoats.com. Their product seems very durable and reasonably priced. I'm looking at the 11'er for a hunting run-about, and duck boat. Does anyone have any experience with these boats or delt with the company?

I'm looking at buying within the next day or 2.

thanks for your help

Gshep
    Hunt not with a gun big enough for what you are hunting, hunt with a gun big enough for what may be hunting you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gshepherd View Post
    I found this site online www.AlpineBoats.com. Their product seems very durable and reasonably priced. I'm looking at the 11'er for a hunting run-about, and duck boat. Does anyone have any experience with these boats or delt with the company?

I'm looking at buying within the next day or 2.

thanks for your help

Gshep
    I purchased the 14' model (SD430) from www.alpineboats.com. The boat was better than I expected and shipped quickly. I mounted 2 pedestal seats to the wood floor and use it for fishing mostly. I also bought an 18HP 4 stroke from them. They had the best price by a long shot.

Also, my dad bought a 12' boat from them but just got it a week or two ago so he hasn't had a chance to use it yet. It took a while to ship but I guess he new that when he bought it.

Thanks for the info on the boat! Is there anyone out there who has used an inflatable boat for ducks? What should I use for a boat blind??
    Hunt not with a gun big enough for what you are hunting, hunt with a gun big enough for what may be hunting you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gshepherd View Post
    Thanks for the info on the boat! Is there anyone out there who has used an inflatable boat for ducks? What should I use for a boat blind??

Well since no one had anything to say about the issue, I went ahead and bought a "dead duck" net from Cabela's...not sure yet but I may make a frame out of PVC. Anyone got any tips or anything at all to add?

Default sorry

sorry, I didn't join sooner. I use a 15 zodiac with a 40 on the back. The only thing I use it for though is getting where I want to go. Then i cover it with camo netting you can get from sportsmans warehouse and walk to my spot. again sorry i can't be of any more help. Those alpine boats look really good, what are they made of? I can't find any info on them. Do they "feel" like a good boat? Those prices are awesome.

So far seems like a real nice sturdy boat! I've run some Zodiac, avon and safe boats while in the service...these boats are just as good as any at half the price!! I bought an 11'er....with an 8.8 she'll run like a jet ski!!

Quote Originally Posted by patrickwellis View Post
    sorry, I didn't join sooner. I use a 15 zodiac with a 40 on the back. The only thing I use it for though is getting where I want to go. Then i cover it with camo netting you can get from sportsmans warehouse and walk to my spot. again sorry i can't be of any more help. Those alpine boats look really good, what are they made of? I can't find any info on them. Do they "feel" like a good boat? Those prices are awesome.