Thread: Feel like a Kid Again!

Default Feel like a Kid Again!

After being a guide and registered guide over the last 20 years I have successfully gotten my clients their moose, caribou and bears. In fact I have even had the chance to get both my sons their caribou over the years. Last November believe it or not I took my very first caribou for myself and my youngest son was so excited to be there with me when I did it. It wasn't a wall hanger but it was my own personal caribou that I put the first hole in and it was meat on the table. After many years of hunting for others I found the time to hunt for myself and now for the first time since 1993 I am going moose hunting for myself. I am will be nowhere near the area I have hunted for the last 2 decades. I want to hunt more of Alaska and see more of what it has to offer. I feel like a kid again planning strategizing and packing for a different area, a different style of hunt method and a different mode of transportation. Guiding has always been very satisfying for me but there is a new excitement that I haven't felt in many years to be going as a hunter with my friends. I think I may be done guiding for awhile. Anyone want to buy or lease a turn key hunting camp? Not sure I will use it again as I am having the time of my life and I could care less if I take an animal or not I will be with my friends!

Good for you hope you have a great moose hunt!

McLucky some of my greatest memories are of the guiding I have done and I would never change a thing if I did it all over again. With that said my the last several years hunting for myself have been pretty **** amazing and it sure has been nice to explore some new country,plan my own hunts (as you pointed out) and the other cool thing is I get to tell myself instead of the hunter to "take em"

Sometimes its good to make your own dreams come true,congrats.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Pretty cool post. I wish you luck on your endeavors. Any pictures of the caribou?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunts_with_stick View Post
    Pretty cool post. I wish you luck on your endeavors. Any pictures of the caribou?
    Yes I will see if I can figure out how to post it and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by McLucky View Post
    Yes I will see if I can figure out how to post it and thank you
    here are is a picture daboo.jpg