Thread: Delta River

Default Delta River

Has anyone been up to the Delta River at Donnely Dome campground that can provide us with a report? They've already removed the river guage that we use for reference.

Well, I stopped by the rapids last weekend and they were raging. Crossing the river will be very difficult until an extended stretch of clear cold weather which isn't in the forecast. All the creeks were running high and dark and the lakes were higher than I have ever seen. The rapids were actually throwing waves in the air which would be fun. Delta had high wind warnings that day so you had to hang on to your car doors....good luck!
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Just drive back from Delta yesterday afternoon. It's rained almost daily from Black Rapids south through the pass. River is definitely up and moving fast. If you do try to cross be careful!! Personally wouldn't even consider it.

yea, I heard the Delta was raging.. my DM773 will be a late hunt if anything at all(open until Sept 25). My other hunt is low water still.. kind of funny.

Just came back from a trip to Valdez. Lots of rain down that way the past few days. The Delta is raging. All the creeks that feed the river are full and running muddy. The rivers coming off the glaciers are also very high. We definately need some cold dry weather for a week or so.

Any recent updates on the water levels of the
    Delta?