Thread: Inflatable help

Default Inflatable help

I found this site online www.AlpineBoats.com. Their product seems very durable and reasonably priced. I'm looking at the 11'er for a hunting run-about, and duck boat. Does anyone have any experience with these boats or delt with the company?

I'm looking at buying within the next day or 2.

thanks for your help

Gshep
    Hunt not with a gun big enough for what you are hunting, hunt with a gun big enough for what may be hunting you!

Default Comments on sportboats for hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Gshepherd View Post
    I found this site online www.AlpineBoats.com. Their product seems very durable and reasonably priced. I'm looking at the 11'er for a hunting run-about, and duck boat. Does anyone have any experience with these boats or delt with the company?

I'm looking at buying within the next day or 2.

thanks for your help

Gshep
    Shep-

Sportboats have a somewhat limited application for hunting in Alaska. Yes, they are great in the salt, and on lakes and such. But I would not recommend one on most rivers (there are some notable exceptions). If you try to run on on a shallow rocky river you'll get a lot of floor damage, especially in the transom area. If it were me I'd consider a cataraft with an outboard. It will do everything your sportboat will, and more.

As to the company in question, I don't know a thing about them. If I were dead set on a sport boat though, and understood the limitations, I would go with Achilles. They're a reliable brand with a proven track record. Most of the boats out there run great the first year, but where are you gonna be in ten years with it? Stick with a main-line brand, would be my vote.

Regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Thanks for your input I do appreciate it. I went ahead and bought the boat, after I look into several other brands. Achillies looks great but they are triple the cost plus some for the same boat. I don't plan on using this boat on any rivers, mostly just a lake/bay jumper. Just something to get me to the other side of a bay and out to an Island with some nice deer. Other than that it will be back to the Great Lakes in a year or so. Again thanks! Remember, someone had to take a chance on Achillies at one time too! PM me if you wanna know what I think about the boat.
    Hunt not with a gun big enough for what you are hunting, hunt with a gun big enough for what may be hunting you!