Thread: Ammo help

Default Ammo help

I need some help on ammo. To make a long story short the airline took my ammo for .45 ACP. Using this as protection as I will be bowhunting. Called a couple places in Anchorage to no avail. If anyone knows where I could get some I would appreciate the tip. We will be heading up to Eklutna from Anchorage tomorrow. Thanks

Default More stores

Call the following;
    Boondocks in eagle River
    3 bears in Wasilla

LAst resort try Chimos in Wasilla

One of them might have some?!
    BK

Good luck finding ammo here, get a can of spray.

What kind of ammo do you want/need? I'll loan you a box for your trip.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

You could also try Gun Runners in Anchorage. They had ammo I was searching for a few months back. If i was in town I would offer you a box but I am out of town right now.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Try Arctic Ammo on Palmer-Wasilla also (before Chimos) 4900 E Palmer-Wasilla Hwy Wasilla, AK 99654(907) 357-3381

The place down on Spenard had some recently, forgot the name of it.

Sportsmans Warehouse in Wasilla has had a variety of ammo the last couple times I was there. I can part with a box but it isn't any kind of premium ammo that I would want to use for bear protection.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Curious why the airline took your ammo??
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Curious why the airline took your ammo??
    Only way was it was packaged inappropriately(loose in bags and TSA pointed it out) or excessive amount per airline policy and they removed it all. Or just blowing smoke?

Thanks for all the replies and offer. A buddy of mine found me some in Anchorage today. The airline took it because it was not in original box or ammo case. I had two clips full and in seperate luggage than the pistol. They also took the burner portion of my MSR reactor! Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by jason.schack View Post
    Thanks for all the replies and offer. A buddy of mine found me some in Anchorage today. The airline took it because it was not in original box or ammo case. I had two clips full and in seperate luggage than the pistol. They also took the burner portion of my MSR reactor! Go figure
    It doesn't have to be in original box or ammo case. If in clips the clips need a piece of tape over the to prevent them from coming out. The reason is to have the primer protected. Fishy why they didn't call you, also jerk move by TSA cuz they are the one that pointed out, could have taped for you, unless just loose in the bag. Stove reactor?? Unless you had a cartridge attracted and then that is Haz-Mat and a no-no.