Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Reports.

Default Reports.

Anyone got out the last few days?
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

no work today so i took the canoe down a creek that dumps into a small pond every few hundred yards, shot one, but gut to involved taking pictures of seniery and this beaver that kept sniffing my canoe to shoot anymore, could have easily, had i been in the mode, they are defiantly there!
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    ... they are defiantly there!
    Oh gawd, I knew the ducks would revolt sooner or later. We are in for it now!

Just got back in tonight. I took a walk down the ATV trail at cottonwood. Saw some guys shooting at stratosphere ducks, and found that the trail is so tore up that it's freakin plain miserable to walk. One step you are up high, the next one you slip and sink up to your waist in an ATV rut. One hole is tore up so bad it's going to be tough for guys to get their weelers through. I bet we see at least one swamped quad this weekend.

Not much for bird activity in the parking lot area, I managed to knock down two ducks and a snipe. Once I got into the back areas there were more birds, but they were really wary.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Yeah, sometimes it's better to just slog through the cattails. Well no, it's never better out in that crap, but at least you know what you're up against, and you may even find a duck while you're there. In about 6 times through, I've found 2 ducks Wanna go check out the Anchorage Flats one of these days. Those holding any birds??
    My signature is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr is for Greg View Post
    Yeah, sometimes it's better to just slog through the cattails. Well no, it's never better out in that crap, but at least you know what you're up against, and you may even find a duck while you're there. In about 6 times through, I've found 2 ducks Wanna go check out the Anchorage Flats one of these days. Those holding any birds??
    Not many yet. Its been miserably slow so far. Maybe someone else has had better luck but Im finding em hard to come by.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

found that the trail is so tore up that it's freakin plain miserable to walk
    Yeah it was a tore up mess on Wed. when I walked it. Darn near a 3 lane highway wide in one spot. Continuous rain and disregard for the rules of using the ATV trail once again have turned it into a mess.
    Jesse
    HR SHR JR's Gunny Dog "Ermey"
    SR JR's Marsh Mangling Mindy
    SR JR's LNR Thicket Thrashing Trixie

Hey dont worry bout that mess, its going to be all dried up in a few years anyways.Fish and game has choosen access over preservation.

Quote Originally Posted by duckslayer56 View Post
    Just got back in tonight. I took a walk down the ATV trail at cottonwood. Saw some guys shooting at stratosphere ducks, and found that the trail is so tore up that it's freakin plain miserable to walk. One step you are up high, the next one you slip and sink up to your waist in an ATV rut. One hole is tore up so bad it's going to be tough for guys to get their weelers through. I bet we see at least one swamped quad this weekend.

Not much for bird activity in the parking lot area, I managed to knock down two ducks and a snipe. Once I got into the back areas there were more birds, but they were really wary.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Oh gawd, I knew the ducks would revolt sooner or later. We are in for it now!
    Oh you know its true!
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Usually after the opener here it gets really slow and tough to find birds in numbers... . Well I think I found them and where they are hiding. I have had two great days of shooting and no people around. Took me less than an hour to get my birds today. It took my partner a bit longer but we were done in two hours. The birds were still trying to land on us as we were packing to leave.

Sent while hiding from the boss

One mallard down. Missed 3 good opportunities. None were my shot. Whew!! Potters flats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You guys need to make a field trip up this way. Forum get-together just west of Fairbanks.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

From what I understand Fairbanks season is barely a month long!
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Four more this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Usually after the opener here it gets really slow and tough to find birds in numbers... . Well I think I found them and where they are hiding. I have had two great days of shooting and no people around. Took me less than an hour to get my birds today. It took my partner a bit longer but we were done in two hours. The birds were still trying to land on us as we were packing to leave.

OK Tony, you will have to take me or i may think you are stretching the truth a tad bit, maybe even a whole lot. I can bring my boat if that helps. Bud
    Wasilla

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    OK Tony, you will have to take me or i may think you are stretching the truth a tad bit, maybe even a whole lot. I can bring my boat if that helps. Bud
    It was just one of those days that everything worked. There were a lot of birds and they worked great and finished all the way. I also shot really well getting a triple, two doubles then finished up with a single.
    After it was over I was kinda bummed because it took me longer to get there and set up than it did to get a limit.
    I did exaggerate a little I looked back and I had sent a text right after I dropped my last bird to a Co worker that was out hunting in a different area I sent that text at 7:49am I got into my blind at 6:42 that morning.
    I hunted that area the day before and found I had set up in the wrong spot. I gave it till 10 and no ducks would even take a second look at my set up so I pulled the deeks and blind and moved to where the ducks wanted to be about a mile away. I set back up and got 6 pretty quick. I should have had a limit but I was using a new blind I had built and it was flaring the birds really bad. It worked the second day but I am improving it right now for a Monday hunt.
    Day one.

Day two

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378706664.574472.jpg here's our Saturday morning shoot in the pouring rain.
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

I hit it again today and the birds were there but the weather was too warm to get them moving. I ended up with only six today but tomorrow rain and wind in the forecast so I'm hoping for another epic morning hunt

Me and AKBlackdawg had a great morning on the marsh working Skeeter! Did great on cast and blinds. Thanks again George and Baron for allowing me and Skeeter to meet. He is going to make an outstanding addition to the team!
    image.jpg

Nice pic Hugh, your phone cam takes much clearer pic then mine does. Dog was doing well. Bud
    Wasilla

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast