Thread: Glock 20 vs Glock 20SF help needed

Default Glock 20 vs Glock 20SF help needed

I am going to buy a Glock 20 and am debating on getting a 20SF. How much smaller is the 20SF vs the regular Glock 20? How much smaller does it feel? My dealer has a 20 but not an SF.

I have owned both the 20 just did not fit right debated getting the 20sf or the gen 4 went with the sf because I wanted to do some custom work and parts availability for the gen 4 has not caught up yet. Hold both it's an individual thing as far as fitting the hand.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.--Benjamin Franklin

I have a G20SF. It was love at first feel. I never liked the feel of the grips on full-sized Glocks. I saw a G20SF, held it, and thought holy [moly] this feels great. I am 5-10 with medium-sized hands. One with much larger hands likely would prefer the basic model. But with normal-sized hands, the SF feels like a dream. Don't mean to overstate it, but it is a big difference IMO.

If you do not like the feel of the Glock 20SF you might try the Springfield XD line. I own or have owned both of the Glocks you mention but prefer the feel of the Springfield. It just fits my hand better.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Quote Originally Posted by boliep View Post
    If you do not like the feel of the Glock 20SF you might try the Springfield XD line. I own or have owned both of the Glocks you mention but prefer the feel of the Springfield. It just fits my hand better.
    They don't make a 10mm

I;ve what is considered "medium" mitts......the standard 20 works well with me and I like that. Have never tried the SF yet....don't think I need to.

I have a 20 SF, a 21 old style frame and a new gen 4 G21. The 45 and 10mm are the same frame of course. I never knew how well a Glock could fit until I got the SF. Soooo much better than the full size. My hands aren't too large. I use a short trigger and a flat MS housing on a 1911 so I can reach the trigger and ride the safety. So not the largest of hands I have. I don't know why everything else is large just a little shorted on the digits. But this SF or the Gen 4 (same dimensions as SF) fit much better. I have found that other folks who can reach around a 2x4 still prefer the SF frame.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Are'nt the Gen 4 Glock 20 SF?

Quote Originally Posted by kk alaska View Post
    Are'nt the Gen 4 Glock 20 SF?
    Well sort of. The external dimensions of the gen 4 in a G20 or G21 are very close the the dimensions of the SF but they are not the same. The fours take a different trigger block and that space at the bottom of the grip is different and of course the Gen 4 accepts the enlarging back straps to get them back to full size grip frame. I think soon the Gen 3's will be dropped and only Gen 4's can be had. This may be the best choice over all but I prefer certain things in the 3 over the 4. All large frame Gen 4's will feel the same in grip as the Gen 3 SF. They also have a raised pebble rough finish, dual recoil spring and come with 3 magazines.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I have larger hands and I still prefer the SF over the standard frame. It's a large weapon in either version, but the standard just feels like a monster to me.

We have both the G20 and G20SF. The wife likes the G20SF better for her smaller hands. To me the G20SF just feel better overall. However I have carried each of them at different times. I do not think that you would go wrong with either one.

I had the same question when I was exploring to buy a G20.

Then, I asked people and checked out the two models in the store by holding them using my own hands. There wasn't really a whole lot of difference in my hands so I opted for the full size G20. I was afraid that if they thin down the G20 too much to make the G20SF, the pounding using my full load 10mm reloads may break the gun too soon even though I do not have an stats to back up that theory.