Thread: Bad Luck and Gracious Clients

Default Bad Luck and Gracious Clients

Long story short Client wanted to Float Beaver Creek. Put him and his son in a nice Otter with just about everything you could think of for a hunt of a life time i.e. more than likely the only chance the guy would have to hunt in AK on a Float Trip for Moose. Client Left on the 4th of Sept to be in place and down the river a ways to start hunting on the 5th. 12:35 received a phone call from the Client stating they had made it 50ft down the river and ripped the Tube next to the bottom wear patch of the otter and I do mean directly beside it. Talk about Bad Luck, one time trip, expectations and the first thing that happens is you run a Arrow Head Rock and side gash your boat. Repair on the river almost if not impossible at 50 degrees and raining has to basically be an inside out patch or stitch job with sealant and patch either way a little extensive for a first time Float Hunter. Really Some Bad Luck however being they were only about 50ft down i.e. first bend they were able to get the boat and gear back to the launch point.

Gracious Clients - I called a couple of clients who had wanted round boats and found one who actually did not mind the upgrade to a Lion Cat. So we were able to pull a boat off the line reframe, and have the client come pick up a new boat so the previous gents could accomplish their Float Hunt two years in the planning.

It is through the graciousness of you people that makes doing business during season a joy! So a thank you to you all who have understanding and are flexible. As most of us know we are all in this together.

Regards

RMM

I think you get as you give, and it's a reflection on the way you treat your clients. Great to hear you've found a way to make it work for all parties, that's effort that some other outfitters wouldn't have gone to.

Hey, when you rent from the best you get the best service possible.

Great story, Moose! I hope their hunt goes well. And you are as much a part of this as they were. You provide excellent service.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Thanks for the props guys much appreciated.

Still if it was not for our community and the willingness of others these poor chaps hunt would have come to an end real quick. First time clients in a Big Cat on a skinny river not an options for the group. With such investment i.e. plane, rental car, tags, transport flights and boat rentals it would be such a shame to have not been able to assist them because of no one else buying into helping.

It is just nice to know there are people out there always willing to be flexible to ensure our brothers and sisters, parents and kids had a chance.

Regards

RMM

Very luck and cool as well. Too often we see clients that expect the world and when bad things happen want to find some one to be mad at.

I had the same type of thing with a group who put in at Sourdough and made it about 10 miles before blowing a military valve on one of my Avons. Lucky for me they had cell coverage and a good tool kit. We deflated a thwart and removed the valve trading it to the outer tube. Don't need that pesky thwart any how! Same ending, happy clients and a fixed boat.

The other side of that kind of story is a group of Moose hunters I had up on the Selawik Wildlife Refuge a number of years ago. The Roll-A-Table broke a support and they had to fashion one out of willow! This guy wanted blood and a refund! There was no way to make him happy even though he and his partner both bagged Big bulls both over 60 inches! You can't make this stuff up!

Good story Moose!

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country
    Drop Hunts & Float Hunts
    Unit 23-Kotz
    360,000 caribou can't be wrong!
    907-259-4290
    Attached Images Attached Images

I swear there are some people who would b!tch even if they were hung w/a new rope.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

So did they take a bad line or just low water?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Low Water exposed Rock from my understanding it looks like an Arrow Head almost to a T. I say Bad Luck and well as always new to rafting although a ton of Canoe and boating back had been accomplished in the past just a different ball game with different rules.

So the rest of the story! The clients harvested a nice Moose no other bad events for them had a grand time and headed back to MI with a smile on their faces. Glad it worked out for them!

Glad to hear it blue moose nothing better than helping out

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2