Thread: Upper Kenai bow fishing

Default Upper Kenai bow fishing

Anyone been fishing the last few days? How's the fishing been? What about the water levels, any affect by the rain? I want to head down this weekend maybe, if not will it still be good next weekend? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is a good link to see how the water levels have been.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ak/nwis/current/?type=flow

GLUT! Good luck.
    Piscor Ergo Sum

fished the upper yesterday, did very well on bows and dollies. water level is still a bit high, but its fishable, and the fishing has been picking up. we caught a number of bows over 20, and some very fat and big dollies, all on beads

Quote Originally Posted by Skybustin28 View Post
    fished the upper yesterday, did very well on bows and dollies. water level is still a bit high, but its fishable, and the fishing has been picking up. we caught a number of bows over 20, and some very fat and big dollies, all on beads
    Party Pooper!
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Above or below Sportsmans?

I fished from the bank at the Russian/Kenai Confluence yesterday. It was slow in the morning with the rain coming down, but when the sun came out, it definitely woke them up.

The water is high, fast, and muddy. The persistent ones will always triumph!

AKTroutGuy

i fished from sportsman to jims last weekend. anyone fished it as of late? is the water getting higher?

9160cfs. I'd say the Upper is High.
    Piscor Ergo Sum

We floated/fished last Tues with a guide and we double triple hooked all day on beads.

Quote Originally Posted by Texfish View Post
    We floated/fished last Tues with a guide and we double triple hooked all day on beads.
    What flavor were they preferring?

lot of big fish on the upper this year. ive done real well with peachy keen beads, and mottled peach, and orangish hand painted beads. seems like the darker red beads were getting mostly dollies, and lighter peach colors getting bows. caught a number of fish over 20"

Quote Originally Posted by Skybustin28 View Post
    lot of big fish on the upper this year. ive done real well with peachy keen beads, and mottled peach, and orangish hand painted beads. seems like the darker red beads were getting mostly dollies, and lighter peach colors getting bows. caught a number of fish over 20"
    I have to agree fished it a week ago did really well on mottled tangerine for bows and the darker red ones were getting almost strictly dollies