Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unit 13 miracle....

Default Unit 13 miracle....

Well it's been a tough transition not being out there guiding this season. 15 years of breathing fresh Alaskan air can spoil a guy! Luckily I had a teir I tag and a day here and a day there to cruise the Denali hwy. we went out for the opener and stalked a bull only to have someone from the road launch a Hail Mary at it and spook it outa there. We headed back up with the boat on Sunday with intentions of heading south on tangle lake but pouring down rain deterred my wife and I from loading all four kids into the boat for a good soakin'!! We decided to drive out to the Cantwell side. On a stretch I call jakes corner(flat tire there twice, and burned up a etec there and seized up a high mark on the same stretch) I spotted three wolverines cross the road,
    We paused there for a couple minutes to see if there was a gut pile or any sign of them. But nothing. We drove on. Somewhere before brushkana I saw a small strung out (not big lake strung out.... ) herd of caribou walk onto the road right beside a pull off full of motor homes. One bull. I hoped out and approached him, he took off and I dove off the road and waited for him to clear the motor homes and laid him out. The whole family lined out in the front window of the van and another truck with hunters gun in hand looking on. We butchered him up and loaded him into the truck beside all the empty motor homes.
    Had we not seen the wolverines and paused for a few moments we would have drove past just moments before this bull tried to cross....miracles happen. And are often edible!!

Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Master guide 212

Nice one Jake! Good to see you havent forgot how to use a knive...lol
    guiding those kids is way better then Clients any day...

Cool! Awesome to have the gang out there with ya learning the right way. The transition is difficult but gives you quality time at home and in the field as well. Nice one Jake!

Looks like you were guiding the most important clients you'll ever have. Well done!

What a great experience for the kids. Congratulations!

Nice seeing you out with the family Jake and even better harvesting a caribou!

I counted five miracles,congrats and God bless
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Cool !!!!!!

Looks like a great time Jake, & congrats! I haven't been on here for a long time. Hard to believe you aren't guiding!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    Looks like a great time Jake, & congrats! I haven't been on here for a long time. Hard to believe you aren't guiding!
    He 'is' guiding, and teaching the most important clients of all Congratulations on your 'Family Bou' !!!
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by Tearbear View Post
    He 'is' guiding, and teaching the most important clients of all Congratulations on your 'Family Bou' !!!
    Agreed! But ya know what I mean :-)
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Well it was 150-200 days in the field a year now I'm down to about five! Lol different kind of guiding for sure.
    Master guide 212

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

Nice job, Jake!! Glad to see the whole gang together!!

Great job, lad! So cool the family was there to share!

Nice one!! Great seeing the kids in on this one too...fill that freezer up, thanks for sharing Jake !!!

Cool! Nice job

Very nice job Jake, good to see the kids again and glad they get to spend more time with you this year. That bull will be good eating, thanks for the story and pics

Mark

Jake, good to see you out with the kids. Nothing better than good times with the young ones and the memories. Best to you and your family. Dan
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Well it was 150-200 days in the field a year now I'm down to about five! Lol different kind of guiding for sure.
    You are still guiding. But your clients are your family and they are much more important.

I started late, and put 18 years in under some kind of contract. I set it aside a couple years ago. Don't miss it. Yet.... It was interesting and kept me remote 6-weeks a year, which was the whole point anyhow.

Now I'd rather hunt with my wife, my brittany and my friends. Getting out being less the point for now I guess....
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast