Thread: Duck boat lights, what are you using?

Default Duck boat lights, what are you using?

I am looking to put lights on the front of my boat but I'm unsure what to use. The head lamp just isn't cutting it anymore. If you have lights on your duck boat what are you using and how have you got them mounted? Pics would be great! Thanks

contact pot builder in the salt water forum. He sells a water tight LED light that will burn your retinas out. The are usually intended for deck lights but I believe he has some for forward illumination. Either way the ones he has now will work well in a tight area like a marsh extremely well in the early morning.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Banned

I wait til light to go down the slough and as many have found out lately, early morn is a duck huntin' myth many times. Travel in the dark is twice as dangerous as in the light in ANY boat, Any place, even seemingly tame Rabbit slough.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Swamp Man View Post
    I wait til light to go down the slough and as many have found out lately, early morn is a duck huntin' myth many times. Travel in the dark is twice as dangerous as in the light in ANY boat, Any place, even seemingly tame Rabbit slough.
    Your right, when you have to stand inline to to launch the boat early morn becomes a myth real quick. Now I just leave earlier, than later. I agree that it is more dangerous than day light, but there's nothing like it on a cool fall morning.

While I do have lights on my airboat, when traveling in the dark, I often find that it is better to run with the lights off due to the glare. On my small boat, i either use my headlight or flashlight, but it has a top speed of about 5 mph so not a problem. If running in one of the fast little boats that are popular, i think u need to see far enough ahead to avoid obsticals, so the faster the boat, the more light you need or you need to be confident of what you are seeing in the dark. I no longer run 50 mph in the dark. Bud
    Wasilla

I run vision x light bar and vision x flood lights... You can see everything well.
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

I have a couple hella lights on my boat, h3 halogens. They are not as bright as I want, and they drain the battery pretty quick. Get LED lights for sure. Excel boats makes a pretty good set in a metal housing.

Rigid lights they aren't cheep but are great I have them on my boat
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association