Thread: Another first for the year

Default Another first for the year

Went in on the Cantwell side to spend 4 days chasing Bou and try to get one for the kids. Rainy, wet and cold they did a good job keeping their spirits up. On Saturday we had a group of five come over the hill at 1000 yds out and watched them bed. My youngest son, Rainey wanted to try so off we went. 600 yds later and 2 swamp crossings we setup on a slight rise and watch them get up and feed closer to the left. Not sure who was shaking more went I told him to take the shot once he cleared the others. First shot was good and the bou spun and trotted a few yards. Sent one more when he stopped, just to make sure. The only thing better than seeing the side of the rack sticking above the bush was the smile on his face. Had 3 other stalks for the others in the group, but did not seal the deal. Nasty weekend weather wise but will never forget the great time that we had. Now itís clean everything up, process the meat and get ready for my trip on the 13th.

Great picture and great outcome! That smile says it all!

Congrats on the caribou.Thats a big stout good looking young man you got there.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I'd also be tickled to have that meat bull in the freezer! Congrats, will stop and chat with ya about it sometime.

Congrats! It sure was a tough weekend with the rain and wind.

Thanks guys, the funny thing about the hunt is I could easily have taken 4 legal bulls on this hunt if i had been the shooter. Not sure why everyone is complaining about the hunting.