Thread: Maclaren weather cam

Default Maclaren weather cam

MACLAREN WEB CAM.jpg Doesn't look good. I'd recommend staying east for your caribou. It'll probably be like this during the mid-day for the rest of the season. Ughh. I've had way better luck chasing them on the higher ground just a few miles to the east when it's like this. It's just so hard to get around quick and quiet to make a stalk when there's 3-6" of standing water everywhere.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Not to mention all the hunting traffic has probably torn the trails to all hell by now.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Quote Originally Posted by highestview View Post
    MACLAREN WEB CAM.jpg Doesn't look good. I'd recommend staying east for your caribou. It'll probably be like this during the mid-day for the rest of the season. Ughh. I've had way better luck chasing them on the higher ground just a few miles to the east when it's like this. It's just so hard to get around quick and quiet to make a stalk when there's 3-6" of standing water everywhere.
    That sucks. We are going up river of the lodge in a week. Has the hunting been very good this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk .44 View Post
    That sucks. We are going up river of the lodge in a week. Has the hunting been very good this year?
    Last year was crap. Lots of cows, some calves and a couple bulls that of course weren't legal. That was south river anyway.