Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fairbanks Taxidermist

Default Fairbanks Taxidermist

Guys, I was extremely lucky over the weekend and managed to harvest a caribou from the 40 mile herd. I'm looking for a local taxidermist who would be able to make a european mount with the skull. Is there anyone the good folks here might recommend for such a job? You input is greatly appreciated; thanks.
    b

Call Rich over at Browtine Taxidermy. 888-4868.

Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

No info on taxidermy, but are you by chance the same fellow I met in Minto duck hunting with a youngster last season? Air Force perhaps? Shoot me a message if you two want to get out for ducks this fall.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

How about looking in the PHONE BOOK ?????

I don't know about the other taxidermists in town but I am still accepting work.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy FAIRBANKS ( Oh ya the guy with the Zebra stripe dodge pickup )
    907 322 0936

WWW.protaxidermy.com

Quote Originally Posted by protaxidermy View Post

I don't know about the other taxidermists in town but I am still accepting work.

RJ Simington
    907 322 0936

WWW.protaxidermy.com
    You took the words right out of my Keyboard! No one uses a phone book anymore...
    Tim

Its Rediculous, Every trip I make to town, I get someone asking if I am a taxidermist ( Well it says PRO Taxidermy on BOTH sides of my trucks).

Then they proceed to tell me how they called EVERY taxidermist in Fairbanks & Nobody is taking in any more work.

They feel pretty stupid when I ask if they tried to call PRO Taxidermy. ( OH WE CALLED EVERYBODY)

NO they didn't !

They call 2 places in town & that's supposedly covers everyone of the taxidermist.

AS LONG AS I STILL OWN BOTH PRO TAXIDERMY OPERATIONS, WE WILL ALWAYS ACCEPT MORE WORK ! ( Excluding tanning or Birds ) Wont do either of those.

I also find it kind of funny that they open THIS forum & the SPONSOR is the largest & best taxidermy operation in Fairbanks, yet they never see that.

I guess that tells me that my $800. per year for advertising here is a total waist.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks & Klamath Falls Oregon

WWW.protaxidermy.com
    907 322 0936
    or
    541 883 2492

Hey RJ, I found you through this website and dropped a caribou off a couple weeks ago. Your advertising is working!

Thanks Frosty,

I do appreciate your business.

Just Frustrating is all.

RJ

I've never spent one dollar on advertising, it's just one more cost you have to pass on to the customer. For the past 32 years, word of mouth has been my best advertisement and has kept my shop busy. I saw a study somewhere that showed less then 10% of people looking for info or a phone number, used the yellow pages anymore.

My sincerest apologies to RJ with Pro Taxidermy! I was on the way out the door and fired off a quick post without even acknowledging our sponsor! At any rate, check out his GALLERY; some great stuff there, and he's been around a LONG time. I'm a big fan of pedestal mounts for caribou and was pleased to see a pretty nice one on his site. Check it out! He also does African and Asian stuff.

I don't know about you, but I tend to find a taxidermist I like, and stick with him. One point of frustration is finding a taxidermist who does good work, then the next time you need him, he's gone. Lots of guys dabbling in this for a few years then they go away. RJ is there for the long haul.

If you're a nonresident hunting out of Fairbanks, and you're planning to have your guy in the Lower 48 do the work, you might give RJ a call anyway; he offers expediting of your raw trophies directly to your taxidermist. This is a huge benefit due to the hassles and expense of shipping raw trophies through the airlines. He can go through your rough field work, finish it up, get it all dried out and shipped. It's a great service.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by FullCryHounds View Post
    I saw a study somewhere that showed less then 10% of people looking for info or a phone number, used the yellow pages anymore.
    That's because those of us who use the yellow pages all the time, find study surveys to be annoying and we don't participate! What your study shows is that 90% of the participants were more interested in talking about themselves to a complete stranger conducting a marketing survey during dinner time, than they were interested in spending time with their family. Those the kind of customers you want?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Thank You Micheal.

RJ Simington

In all fairness, the question asked was for recommendations for a good taxidermists. Not necessarily asking for a specific phone number of anyone in particuler.

(Good taxidermists ) That should narrow the list quite a bit. LOL

Browtine is one that's at the top of the list for Fairbanks.

Caribou Ridge is also excepting new clients. Give them a ring. Super nice guy and fast turnaround. 907-687-7417.

Never heard of that guy .

Must be a new guy.

IMG_0446.jpg

Here that thing is.

Lets see how many more I can find. LOL

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy
    907 322 0936

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by protaxidermy View Post

RJ Simington
    907 322 0936

WWW.protaxidermy.com
    What's a PHONE BOOK? I Googled it, but didn't find anything...although I did see something about something called an LP record.

IMG_0447.jpg

Here is One of the Masters awards I found.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast