Thread: Moose retrieval

Default Moose retrieval

Having the appropriate equipment can really expand where you are comfortable shooting a moose. In years past I would not have even considered shooting this moose - add a canoe and chainsaw capstan and a little swamp isn't even a 2nd thought. My daughter made a nice shot to put this one in the freezer, took good patience on her part to assure she had a good shot. Used the capstan to pull the moose to dry ground under a hanging tree for quick processing. A couple nights of frost and cool breezes made the perfect hanging conditions. The canoe and capstan made quick and pain free retrieval to the boat for the transport out. Getting too old not to take advantage of the equipment.

Into the swamp video:

Out of the samp video:

I've used a $100 inflatable canoe and a rope-a-along with good success.................
    I once held the yardstick of anothers perfection, I threw it down and carved my own................

Heck of a deal.Glad she was holding steadier than dad when she pulled the trigger
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Thanks for sharing. Great to see a family hunt together.