Thread: DM830 Koyukuk CUA

Default DM830 Koyukuk CUA

Headed up to Huslia on the 14th, was wondering if anyone who has had success in this hunt would be willing to go over general strategies they used. Ill be north of cut off slough from the 14th to the 26th. Any advice would be appreciated. This is my first time up to this area, first time hunting moose along the river with a boat, and second year I've hunted moose at all. I've talked to a couple hunters already but am trying to prepare myself as much as possible.

You can reach me at zac.d.miller@gmail.com or 907-888-0401. Thanks.

Zach

I've been up that way. That's a place I really want to hunt. I was passing through, but I recall seeing some great bulls near the top of the cutoff slough. Make sure you have your land ownership figured out. Good luck.

I'll be up north of huslia as well. Close to cutoff. Drift and call, early morning and late night. If you keep a quiet camp you will prolly shoot a nice moose from your tent. I'm leavin the 10th, be up that way the 12th. Good luck

Have to ask..why you going so far? As there is great 830 hunting below huslia. Are you flyin into there? Have your own boat?

Awesome country. Pm me if you have an area in mind, might be able to share some of my experience.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Thanks for the advice, maybe ill see you up there. Transporter is dropping us off there. He's renting us a 16 ft John boat as well. I think he wants to keep us as far from the local traffic as possible, and has had good luck there in the past I guess. I'm hoping to find something. Spent a bit on the trip and it would suck to come home without seeing anything.

PM sent, thanks for the advice everyone, should really be a great time. My father and buddy from town here will be there to help me out so it should shape up to be a great hunt. Hopefully we can find one!

PM returned. That's an awesome tag.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Good luck and smoke a big one they are def there. I will be down river a ways from you hunting for two weeks can't wait to get in there....

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I'll let you know how it all pans out. Sounds like it should be a good time. Good luck babyblue7 and everyone else headed out that way!