Thread: Looking for upland partner in the Fairbanks area

Default Looking for upland partner in the Fairbanks area

Looking for someone else with a dog to hunt with. I have an 18 month Brittany named Toby. I want to get him out working with another dog this fall. I have a lab as well but he doesn't range in front of me well at all, great waterfowl dog though! The Brittany pointed last year at a very young age. I have not put up any birds in my usual spots this year, but he seems to work the field well and does not get up ahead of me far. Just got to find the birds now!

I go out after work just about daily and on the weekends except Sundays because football season is here now. I would like to hit the Denali highway sometime soon for ptarmigan. I'm looking to get the dog on as many wild birds as I can and work him with more experienced dogs. He will be back home in Minnesota/South Dakota next year for pheasants and I don't want him to get shown up by all the GSPs!

If anyone is interested you can email me at zac.d.miller@gmail.com or call/text me at 907-888-0401. Thanks.

Zach

No takers? Oh well more for me and my dogs then I guess!
    photo.jpgphoto.jpg

I'd love to go hunting, I'm just unsure of my dog. I have never worked with her for any sort of hunting. Very intelligent dog but a very excited dog. I'd love to train her to do something like bird hunting just not sure if she can control herself. It looks as though you are looking for someone with an experienced dog to rub off on yours and I'd be looking for the same. The only difference is my almost 3 year old "pup" is starting from square one.

She is also a mutt, the vet seemed to think she is border collie mixed with all kind of things, so who knows. Interested to see if bird hunting is something she would enjoy.

You know I can not take my husky upland bird hunting...haha

looking in about 2 weeks...I will call you.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    You know I can not take my husky upland bird hunting...haha

looking in about 2 weeks...I will call you.
    Sounds good man, I look forward too it, I dont think the clutches will be broken up until then anyway. I get back from moose hunting on the 27th!