Thread: Made it up into Jim Creek...

Default Made it up into Jim Creek...

...but Water Gremlin paid for it....see attached video....

...thanks for the evening workout WG...I enjoyed it....lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ7aXSRlnG8

OMG! To be there to see the look on your face...just before you went down and right after you got up! Good thing you weren't hurt by your face plant. Thanks for the video and the humor. I'm sure my time is coming where I'll do the same.

Ouch!!!! I assume you ran aground?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Yup, she runneth aground. The winded picked up and rippled the top water to the point where it was tough to judge water depth. A couple feet to the right and I would have been in the clear. Oh well, I wanted to replace the floor boards anyways. That gave me an incentive.

May I suggest a helmet? It'll protect your noggin AND provide amusement for spectators

Default Pretty Impressive

There isn't much water there. You did good going that far just by reading the water. I bet you know the channel now. You know you can cross Jim Lake and get in there pretty easily don't you? Gotta be able to pack your boat a little ways.

Did you catch any dollies when you finally got up in there?
    Wasilla Real Estate News
    www.valleymarket.com

Man....had it less than a year and already broke it...

She will run shallow, but not quite that shallow! That wet Jim Creek sand really puts the brakes on doesn't it! (Sand at the Little Su does the same thing BTW... )
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    She will run shallow, but not quite that shallow! That wet Jim Creek sand really puts the brakes on doesn't it! (Sand at the Little Su does the same thing BTW... )
    Yup. I found out about the Little Su sand yesterday. The Sportjon goes really shallow, but don't turn real sharp. Too slow and ya got no control...too fast and ya slide sideways--into a sand bar; High 'n dry! Don't think my wheel kit woulda been of much use on that one. Weight to the front of the boat (which was still a little bit in the water) and a buncha pushin'...and another story for the books.

Talking

Thats gonna leave a mark

tjm caught a good dollie, nothing massive but bigger than anything I caught. The water was so low I could practically walk across the stream with hip waders and not even get my knees wet. I don't ever remember seeing the water that low up in the woods.

It took a lot of pushing to get the boat up in there, and I mean a lot....