Thread: Alaska Canoe Rocks!!!

Default Alaska Canoe Rocks!!!

Max-
    Just a big Thank You for providing the canoes for the Kenai Middle School canoe/camping trip May 21-22.

I drove five kids and gear to the lake input today and helped get them off. They were very excited about the trip and were having fun as they pushed off.

While the teacher could have rustled up enough canoes for the trip (I volunteered my two) it surely made things go smoothly to be able to pull up to Alaska Canoe and Campground in Sterling, latch onto your trailer loaded with eight canoes and 16 paddles and go to the lake.

I'm a parent and volunteer driver and appreciate what you did to help make the end of the school year memorable for the kids!

Thanks Max!

--Mike

Smile thanks mike

you are most welcome Mike,
    this time of year our toursist are short in numbers, so it makes it nice for school groups and church groups to get out on the water,
    helping out was not a problem and we are happy the kids had a great time.
    we have 3 groups going out this may from either church, or schools, I did a canoe day for the Tustemena grade school 6th grade class last wednesday. we had 32 kids and a bunch of adults to help out,,
    Canoe instruction and safety with lots of fun time for the kids.
    We used Rainbow lake out at swanson river for the venue.
    I will have to post some pictures I took of the event.
    anyway, for those of you that would like to have a fun day in the spring of the year with your groups in the future, just call me or my wife Annette. Now as a note, We do the donation trips in the month of May. After that its our tourist season.
    Thanks so much for the thank you note Mike, and truly thank you for letting us be apart of doing some good stuff for the community.
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Doesn't suprise me a bit that Max (AlaskaCanoe) is helpful in his community, he has been really helpful even to a Hickerbilly from Michigan.

Seriously though it is good to see local business support local children and just as warming is somebody taking the time to recognize and thank him.

While researching for our trip to Alaska I have found that the people of the Kenai Penn are just as special as the area.

While researching for our trip to Alaska I have found that the people of the Kenai Penn are just as special as the area.
    Aw, shucks....

<scuffs toe in the dirt>

Default The Great land

With great people,, that is what Alaska is..
    If we all just give a little, it adds up to a whole lot..
    My scout troop repeats the slogan..
    "Do a good turn daily"
    What a concept..
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Pround to "know" you Max. I hope we can meet before too long!