Thread: Dry Bags

Default Dry Bags

I figured if anyone would know, it would be rafters. I have a power boat with a tiny cuddy...its big enough to curl up inside for a overnight trip, but pretty much everything inside has to go on deck to do so. I have an inexpensive Texsport bag but everything inside of it seems to get soggy even in good weather...I guess from condensation. Mine has a zipper around the top that can be a pain and I think that is where the moisture enters. Is that the nature of the beast or are there bags that really keep things dry? I don't need anything huge...just large enough for a change of clothes or two. Any brand or style suggestions? Thanks for any help on this!

Rifle River MI

Gary - Condensation is normally not that large of a problem if you have a decent dry bag and there are actually very few that will be 100 percent water proof all the time i.e. water will find a way in most extreme conditions. There really are limited options for anything with a Zipper would stay away from them completely.

IMO Watershed is the best of the best and is a dufflebag style bag little spendy but worth every penny.

Other reasonable use bags, Seattle Sport bag, Bills Bag NRS, and or Seal Line.

When it comes apples and apples - your going to spend between $60-130.00 for a good dry bag that will accomplish what you ask it to do.

You could also go with a OutDoor Research or Sealine inner bag and seal a meal with another i.e. two bag system for about 60.00 -80.00 which helps.

Best of luck with your choice. If money is not the main concern I would purchase the watershed.

Anchorage, Alaska

I use THIS ONE and have had excellent results. No zipper; it's a roll-top, but if you secure it properly it won't leak.

LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address:
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

I didn't pay much for mine and I didn't get Thanks, guys. I'll check out your suggestions and get a "real" one this time!