Thread: Season Opener Recepies

Default Season Opener Recepies

Well the season has started (at least here in Fairbanks). I am looking for some new recipes if you guys mind sharing. Currently I have some mallards in the freezer after today's hunt. But feel free to post any bird-recipe.

sorry but as much as i love duck hunting, not a big fan of eating wild duck (don't like liver either). I do not put them to waste. easy to keep and freeze and when you have enough, grind up with saussage and flavoring and make peperoni sticks or sausage. SW has all the spices and ginders, and stuffers and they really turn out well. Bud
    Wasilla

Jalapeno Duck Poppers

Duck Breast
    Cream Cheese
    Jar of sliced jalapenos
    Bacon
    Toothpicks

Cut duck breast into roughly 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" pieces. Marinate in salt water for at least 2 hours to get the blood out. I usually marinate mine overnight. Hammer flat with tenderizing hammer/mallet or whatever you have. Cut a piece of cream cheese, lay it on the flattened duck breast, and roll up like a burrito. I love mine rolled up with cream cheese and sliced jalapenos. After that take a strip of bacon and cut it in half. Wrap the half piece of bacon around that. Stick a couple of toothpicks in it to hold it all together. The tooth picks give you something to hold onto when you turn it over on the grill. Put on the grill for about 5-7 minutes on each side. Be careful not to cook too long because it cooks fast and will dry out. I make some for the kids without jalapenos and they absolutely love them. When I make these, I like to buy fresh whole jalapenos from the store. I cut them in half length ways and hull out the seeds. Fill up the cavity with cream cheese and wrap them in bacon. Stick a tooth pick in them. They are excellent.

Sounds good! I will try these this week! Thanks

My wife refuses to eat duck. But she loves my Gumbo, and puts the sausage I make in everything..... Shes never around when I make either one though....You'd think she'd catch on..... Lots of Gumbo recipes out there.