Thread: Another first timer

Default Another first timer

Our little honey hole continues to pay off. I took my two oldest son's out for the week to see if we could get my 10 year old his first Bou. As you can see, he got what we went for, and his older brother took advantage as well. They even got a bonus, a 5' foot black bear. Man what a week with my kids.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And here is the bear. It's hard to tell but it has a little bit of a brown tint to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats to you dad, your doing it right!
    Their smiles are the reward.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by GAredneck View Post
    Our little honey hole continues to pay off. I took my two oldest son's out for the week to see if we could get my 10 year old his first Bou. As you can see, he got what we went for, and his older brother took advantage as well. They even got a bonus, a 5' foot black bear. Man what a week with my kids.
    You better load up on some extra buttons as I'm sure you'll be loosin' a few when they pop off your chest........lol

What is the difference in their ages? I never had a brother to hunt with which is regrettable to me. But here's to hoping they/you have tons of wonderful hunts together...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Very nice. Love to see families out there together. I shot my 1st with my dad when I was 13. Will never forget it.

Helluva good job Dad. Keep this up...

Thanks guys, we were very blessed. Lots of lessons learned on the last few trips with them. Mom wasn't too happy with me when I wanted to keep them out of school for a few days. But I guarantee they learned more over the 4 days in the field that will benefit them down the road than their text book would've given them over that time. Not to mention all the memories we are creating. At 4merguide--They are 10 and 14 and have a younger brother at 9 who hasn't taken to the field just yet. He's starting to get the itch but I want push him until he's ready. I too hope they stay close and are able to spend time enjoying everything this great state has together. I just can't wait until they are all old enough to pack out their own animals!

Yes, congratulations Dad & sons, those young dudes sure make the bou look big!...I agree they learned more out hunting than looking in a book. Kudos to you! Dakota got a nice moose this year too didn't he? And it will be nice later on, when they may be helping pack out 'your' animal.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by GAredneck View Post
    I just can't wait until they are all old enough to pack out their own animals!
    Ha...!!!....That's when you'll know how much they REALLY want to be hunters...!!!........lol

Congrats To you GAredneck and your young hunters !!!!....I get more out of watching the kids or even the wife get something nowdays. Thanks for sharing your kids hunts, something I never get tired of.

Getting the kids in the field is a big part of what its all about. Keeping those family values intact sometimes are best taught in the field and not under a roof. Congrats on a great hunt.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Thanks for sharing your kids hunts, something I never get tired of.
    I think it's because we see in them what we also felt as a child, and it revives what we still can feel today. To this day I still remember the awe I felt when my father would bring home game. I'm thinkin' I was only in second grade or so. That instilled something in me that has lasted a lifetime....

Nothing like having the kids score. Great job Dad and way to go son.