Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy a Cutco serrated-blade knife?

Default Where to buy a Cutco serrated-blade knife?

A friend of mine has a Cutco serrated-blade knife that has an orange handle. The blade is around 4" long, and serrated all the way to the tip. He can cut a salmon head in about a second with this knife, but I haven't been able to find it on the Internet. Who sells these knives in Alaska?

Thanks.

Ray,

Theres a vendor who sells these knifes in the BX on Elmendorf. If you know a military member or have access stop in and check her out. She's only there certain times of the year though. Good luck. I own one of the knives you've described and it can't be beat...simply the best to date for me!

Thanks.

I will check at Elmendorf, and also the link. I did look at the link above, but the knife is not listed on their catalog.

I thought for sure you were looking for the type of knife that was in the picture with the black handle. If you're going to use it for hunting you can't go wrong with it! If you're looking for their fillet knife, she has them, anything else I can't speak to because I'm not that familiar with just exactly what you are looking for. BTW: I was just at the BX tonight and the CUTCO Lady was there just to the left as you enter the front doors. If she doesn't have it, she can get it! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetail1der View Post
    I thought for sure you were looking for the type of knife that was in the picture with the black handle. If you're going to use it for hunting you can't go wrong with it! If you're looking for their fillet knife, she has them, anything else I can't speak to because I'm not that familiar with just exactly what you are looking for. BTW: I was just at the BX tonight and the CUTCO Lady was there just to the left as you enter the front doors. If she doesn't have it, she can get it! Good luck!
    Thanks.

The one I am looking for is not shown at the Cutco web page. It has an orange-color handle, and no straight edge. The edge is just like a saw with a blunt tip, and maybe 4" long. This knife is made for cutting though fish neck bones with very little effort. I will contact the BX over there and see if then can provide me with her phone number, or maybe I can leave mine for her to call me collect.

Any luck with the knife? I stopped in the BX yesterday and she was gone. If you didn't locate your knife, have you tried calling the company direct and posing your question to them? Wouldn't be a better source of information on earth than the manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetail1der View Post
    Any luck with the knife? I stopped in the BX yesterday and she was gone. If you didn't locate your knife, have you tried calling the company direct and posing your question to them? Wouldn't be a better source of information on earth than the manufacturer.
    I appreciate your help.

I live near Fairbanks, and haven't been able to find the knife. Contacting the company is the best idea, and I plan to do so very soon.

Thanks again.

The Cutco vendor in Anchorage is Karen Dannahy, 345-5559

Quote Originally Posted by eruk View Post
    The Cutco vendor in Anchorage is Karen Dannahy, 345-5559
    Thanks.

I will give her a call to see if she can get the knife for me. My friend paid around $89.00 for it, but it's worth every penny, and Cutco sharpens their knives for its customers.

I called Karen last night and ordered the knife. $69.00 plus $10.00 for S&H.

Thanks for the help, eruk.

Ray

Default UPDATE on the CUTCO knife

I received the Cutco serrated-blade knife last week, and used it at Chitina this week. All i can say is that I am very pleased with the purchase of this knife. I just make sure that there is a wooden board or block under the salmon's head before I cut through, and the rest feels like a hot knife through butter. Watch your fingers, though This thing is sharp!!

I ordered it from a lady named Karen Dannahy. She sells the knives at the BX in Elmendorf AFB, and a fellow here gave me her name and phone number. Paid $69.00 for the knife, plus $10.00 for S&H, which is not too bad shipped to near Fairbanks where I live.

Default Knives

Just so you know they also make a fishing fillet knive that is awesome. One of the nice features with these knives is when and if they dull you can send them back to the company and they will sharpen them for you. I have both the hunting and fishing models and they are both awesome. I use the fillet knife for trimming fat and everything from meat I purchase and also for skinning wild game. Cannot go wrong with them

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by usaof1_army View Post
    Just so you know they also make a fishing fillet knive that is awesome. One of the nice features with these knives is when and if they dull you can send them back to the company and they will sharpen them for you. I have both the hunting and fishing models and they are both awesome. I use the fillet knife for trimming fat and everything from meat I purchase and also for skinning wild game. Cannot go wrong with them

Greg
    I had heard of Cutco knives before, but didn't know much about them until a coworker of mine used it to cut the heads of salmon at the Copper. What we do now is to gut the fish and cut the heads off with the gills attached. Once we bring the fish home, then we wrap it with plastic foil we buy at Sam's Club, followed by a layer or two of freezer paper. This way we hardly get any freezer burns on the fish. Then, when we need salmon to eat, we thaw it, and fillet it as needed.

The Cutco knife makes the task of cutting the heads off very easy, and that's why I had to buy one.

Default Knife

Well you got the right knife for the right job or really any job you want to use it for. Liek me I am sure you have had many hunting and fishing knives over the years and I can tell you hands down I will never by another buck, gerber or any other knife for hunting or fishing. These hold the edge all outdoorsmen want and need to accomplish the job. But for work there is nothing better than a SOG blade.

Greg

Default Sales Rep for Cutco

I am a sales rep for cutco if anyone is interested. I can sell you all of our products just visit www.cutco.com and let me know what you need and i will get the order placed for you. My rep number is 32673190.

Email: Jmdentertainment@aol.com

Hey guys a friend of mine here in Fairbanks is a dealer, so if anyone around the interior wants a knife I could probably get you in touch with him.

-Eric

Default Knives

Hey Eric give me your contact info (phone or email) I will get in contact with you in Aug as my best friend is coming up here in Aug and is a huge hunter in Northern IL and after he uses my knife here I know he is going to want a couple to ake back with him and I will get in contact with you then. Thanks and have a great day

Greg

Default Need Cutco?

Hey I am a sales Rep for cutco if anyone is interested in buying anything i will be more that happy to help. To Contact me just send an email to Ksealy@tmail.com and in the subject put cutco and let me know what item you are looking for. These are our sets http://www.cutco.com/products/thumbnail.jsp?category=10

and these are our individual knives
    http://www.cutco.com/products/thumbnail.jsp?category=20

of course there are some advantages from buying from a rep instead of from the site. But please contace me for any questions.

Wink Cutco

Hi my name is tonya kiefer if you are looking for knives that will last forever then i can help you out. I am a vector sales rep. and im trying to earn a scholarship. i took this oppertunity because my mom has had cutco for over 25 years now and has never had a problem with them and they are used daily. Cutco is the top selling brand in the US and has the best garantee and performance ratings. for more information please conact me at 507-271-7283 these knives can't be purchased at a store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast