Thread: Noreen BN36 AR15

Default Noreen BN36 AR15

Who has experience or knowledge with the Noreen BN36 AR15 in 30-06 cal? I heard of one recently available locally. While I don't mind the standard 5.56/.223 cal's I am more interested in the longer reaching, larger hunting type sporting arms. As I understand it, this AR takes normal run of the mill 30-06 ammo! I am interested in learning more... I am currently shooting a 6.5 grendel and love it, however ammo has been a bit difficult to find lately (like most everything else). But the one that has been consistenly available and without much change in price is the 30-06.

I believe this weapon is the same as a AR10 or what we use down range as a SR25. If it were me I would look at a 7.62 or 308cal they are a bit cheaper to shoot. You will get in to a lot of money fast if you are wanting a true LR shooter. As I see it as compared with a LR range shooter I would look at a good bolt gun over a AR or SR platform. The only advantage you are gaining with this weapon is a bit faster follow up rounds only, you will not gain accuracy over a good bolt rifle matter of fact you will lose some with a this. Don't get me wrong they are a hoot to shoot if you are not paying for rounds.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Quote Originally Posted by sweepint View Post
    I believe this weapon is the same as a AR10 or what we use down range as a SR25. If it were me I would look at a 7.62 or 308cal they are a bit cheaper to shoot. You will get in to a lot of money fast if you are wanting a true LR shooter. As I see it as compared with a LR range shooter I would look at a good bolt gun over a AR or SR platform. The only advantage you are gaining with this weapon is a bit faster follow up rounds only, you will not gain accuracy over a good bolt rifle matter of fact you will lose some with a this. Don't get me wrong they are a hoot to shoot if you are not paying for rounds.
    That is great wisdom. There is nothing wrong with 7.62 or .308 (indeed I wouldn't mind having one of these either).

There are two things that really appeal to me on this weapon: readily available ammo/components and actually reasonably priced. I have been greatly challenged to find 6.5 grendel and when I do it is virtually the same price as 30-06. I love the 6.5 and it shoots very nice (sub moa even with a 16" barrel!). The other thing that appeals is the coolness factor. I have been very successful with my 30-06 bolt action over many years. I have seen auto '06's that are nice, but I have never seen (nor did I know about) an AR platform.

I have read from one poster on a different forum that he was shooting at 2 moa, but I don't know if that is because of tuning, optics or load. Or if the weapon is not capable of dialing in..? Of course, 2 moa is not ideal for long range accuracy!

Nevertheless, this piqued my interest and I am on a quest to learn more.

Thanks again for your post.