Thread: Nice Wooldridge 21 SS Offshore

Default Nice Wooldridge 21 SS Offshore

Clean looking boat, this one even has a heater in the cab.
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/4034338911.html

Now that will blow away any 22' Hewes Searunner deal you can find. Nice boat.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

It's just crazy how inflated those used boat prices are. Nearly 60k for an underpowered 21' boat? Banks have created quite a bubble, that's for sure. And, somebody will take on those monthly payments too.

I wouldn't say she's underpowered.....a 150hp on a 21' boat should be ample power to efficiently cruise.
    BK

We like the 150 Yamis on our 19' Pacifics and Workskiffs. About the right amount of power, IMO. 21 with a big ol' cabin, 2-4 peeps.. no thanks. It needs to be maxed out at 200. The 150 Yami is a great engine, but not one I'd say has a ton of power. But have at it tho. It's only 60k. I'm sure some bank will be giddy to give you a 15 year note, at 7% interest, no money down. They've got to make money too.

Wooly builds their boats like a supercub thus it's probably not as heavy as you might think. The cab is just a small shell, we're not talking all the ammenities here. It's essentially a 21' skiff with a shell to stop the wind.
    If your paying 7% on a 15 year note, then you need to come up with a bigger down payment or work to get a better credit score, I'll agree with you there!
    BK

Roger that. Just seen it was a 3/16th hull.

Quote Originally Posted by 270ti View Post
    It's just crazy how inflated those used boat prices are. Nearly 60k for an underpowered 21' boat? Banks have created quite a bubble, that's for sure. And, somebody will take on those monthly payments too.
    Personally I think the boat is powered fine. But that will always depend on the user and the intended use. But more importantly, how have the banks created a used boat bubble? I'm at a loss. Maybe I am just not sophisticated enough to understand. But somehow a 7% loan (cough cough) inflates used boat prices? I'm pretty sure it would be pretty hard to find a no money down rec vehicle loan these days as well. 10-20% down seems to be the norm, isn't it?

I believe this may be the very same boat when new, and they did a performance review of it.

http://www.wooldridgeboats.com/uploa...compressed.pdf

Here is a Hews Craft 22 ET,HT for a comparison, same year of build.

http://www.yamahaoutboards.com/sites...ht-f150txr.pdf

I don't see the need for more hp in this boat the 150 will work just fine with all that one could fit in a 21 ft boat 4-5 guys and gear or a family of 4 for the weekend.
    I just came back from a trip in a Wooldridge 29 pilot with twin Yamaha 150's, 269 miles for the weekend 3 adults one child, Whittier to Montague straight, some shrimping and sight seeing. We stayed out for 3 days, cruised at 3800 rpm's 28-30mph in calm seas never ran the boat harder than 4000rpm and had 1500 rpm till WOT, and still came back with over 1/4 tank of fuel.

Burning 7.8 gph with 4k rpms? I had no idea you could make a 150 burn that much fuel at 4k rpms. I guess if you prop it like that, you'll make the 150 sound adequate. Wonder how many hours that engine will last.. 5-5.5 gph is what I did with my 150, at 4200. 19' Pacific skiff did 24 kts. That's real world numbers, with a properly propped boat, that won't stress the engine. Engine will last forever if you don't work it that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Personally I think the boat is powered fine. But that will always depend on the user and the intended use. But more importantly, how have the banks created a used boat bubble? I'm at a loss. Maybe I am just not sophisticated enough to understand. But somehow a 7% loan (cough cough) inflates used boat prices? I'm pretty sure it would be pretty hard to find a no money down rec vehicle loan these days as well. 10-20% down seems to be the norm, isn't it?
    The only reason that a guy could ask 60k for used 21' 3/16" boat with a used engine on it, is because he knows that some bank will lend on that number, as some appraiser will say it's worth that much. It's all fine and dandy for someone looking to make payments.. until the bubble pops and you are left holding a 60k note on a boat worth the real value.. about 35k. If you recall, same thing happened with houses not too long ago. If the bank would only lend say 40k on that boat, that's exactly what it'd be worth. Do the math... That engine is worth 7k. Trailer worth 2.5k. Electronics.. $500 at best. That makes the hull worth what?!

I guess you could say that about anything you can ever get a loan on. But I didn't know there was large used boat bubble brewing. Good to know next time I am in the used boat market.

http://juneau.craigslist.org/boa/4050474632.html

Getting a bit closer to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by 270ti View Post
    http://juneau.craigslist.org/boa/4050474632.html

Getting a bit closer to reality.
    You're not really comparing apples to apples though.
    The reality is what you can get for your boat. If its over priced, and someone will pay the asking price, well there you have it.
    Voodoo of a sort.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

The boat was well cared for and in beautiful condition, it sold last week