Thread: Propane Soldotna area

Default Propane Soldotna area

My cabin is full on propane - fridge, lights, etc. I'm down in homer but make the occasional trip north. Propane is around 4.50 here (cheapest I can find anyways). Anyone know of a cheaper place in Soldotna or even homer?

Suburban Propane on East End road has a very good rate for new customers. But not sure if it applies to small bottles, if that is what you are filling. The new customer price lasts for a year. It would be worth checking it out.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Uhaul in Soldotna is where I get mine. They are usually the cheapest around.
    They also give price breaks the more you buy. So if you have a 100# tank it may save you $0.30 a gallon or something like that if you get at least 100 gallons.
    I think I paid ~$4 a gallon the other day.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Last I checked with suburban they were 4.99 a lb. I've got 4 100# tanks so maybe it'd be worth calling a few places to see if they'd cut me a deal like uhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcy42 View Post
    Last I checked with suburban they were 4.99 a lb. I've got 4 100# tanks so maybe it'd be worth calling a few places to see if they'd cut me a deal like uhaul.
    I'm sure some of them will.
    I know a while back I filled 3 BBQ size tanks and the Uhaul guy said if I had one more empty one I would have met the first price break point. He said in the future if I buy a 100# tank I would save $0.30 a gallon if I remember correctly.
    I'm positive Uhaul will cut you a price break with 4 empty 100# tanks. I would certainly call them as that could really add up with the amount you are buying. I also believe you get a sticker or something if you buy there a lot and that equals a small discount each time at least they used to have such a program.
    As a side note would it be possible for you to buy one of the larger permanent tanks for your place and have the delivery truck come out and fill it?
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

We are about a mile out on 4 wheeler trail. I have looked into mounting a big one on a steel trailer and hauling it to road and getting it filled there. Saw a few in seldovia done like that.