Thread: Ruger American Rimfire

Default Ruger American Rimfire

If someone gets one of these, let us know how it works out. Or hell even in you handle one in store.

http://www.ruger.com/products/americ...ire/index.html

The one problem I have with my 10/22 is it shoots too quickly, I get really bored after a bit or my kid zips through ammo like there's no tomorrow. I have told him in the past on his first grouse hunt "Slow down! You're only missing faster"!

I'll probably pick one of these up... I'm a big fan of their 77/22 as well.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I like the idea of the compact for kids. Getting them in the bolt action swing of things and being able to utilize the 10/22 magazines I already have helps. The interchangeable cheek weld piece is a nice feature too.

Ruger has been quite inventive these days. I'm betting after initial sales slow they will release this rifle in 22 magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    I like the idea of the compact for kids. Getting them in the bolt action swing of things and being able to utilize the 10/22 magazines I already have helps. The interchangeable cheek weld piece is a nice feature too.

Ruger has been quite inventive these days. I'm betting after initial sales slow they will release this rifle in 22 magnum.
    They are already cataloging this in .22 Magnum in either version.... which in pretty cool in my book.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Looking at Ruger's website- I'm pretty interested.

The way the rear swivel loosens and then you can the recoil/comb off looks like you would have a pretty good sized cavity in the stock you could access without tools. Might make a good survival/ winter rifle for the sled or the pulk.

Decent small game gun, some supplies and extra ammo in the stock. Reasonable price tag- I'm liking it.