Thread: paxon lake, outlet to middle fork accessible to power boats?

Default paxon lake, outlet to middle fork accessible to power boats?

Is this navigable in a small jet boat? Never seen it. Is it float only? how about the 'Tractor trail' between hwy and main stem. Is this section easily traveled by unmodified 4wd truck?
    Thanks

The first three miles between Paxton lake and the west fork confluence are fast, shallow and rocky. I thought it was float only, but don't see any thing saying that, so I might be wrong. I've never been down the trail.

Dave - from my phone

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Shoot gulkana rafting a pm, his business is gulkana raft rentals. I've done the float three times, and I don't think it would be a good idea.

Also, that trail looks like a small four wheeler trail when it reaches the river. I don't think it would go well if you tried to drive it in a truck, but not too sure.
    My only gear sponsor is the salvation army - Dick Griffith

Upstream from the lodge is no motorized zone during hunting season your free to go downstream though, the road is just fine drove down it yesturday you just gotta deal with people

Sorry i thought you meant the actual highway by tractor trail its been really rediculously rainy up there the ground is very soft what used to be hard land is now swampy marsh

Ran a 18 footer with a 88hp motor jet boat down it from the lake years ago, very rocky made it out without hitting and breaking anything, but wouldn't advise it or do it again. to shallow and rocky.