Thread: XD-s 9 or 45 Recall!

Default XD-s 9 or 45 Recall!

Springfield Armory has issued a voluntary recall for the XD-s 9 and 45 with serial numbers XS900000 to XS938700 or XS500000 to XS686300. Aparently under certain conditions these handguns could experience an unintended discharge during the loading process when the slide is released, or could experience a double-fire when the trigger is pulled once.

SA is issuing (and paying for) shipping documents for return where they will exchange some parts to fix the problem.

Is anyone else aware of this or has anyone experienced any of the conditions described?

By the way, if you would like more information or to get started, the url is www.springfieldrecall.com/ReCall.asp

Sent my XDs45 in last week, still love the gun and can't wait to get it back.
    I have had no issues with mine but have a friend on the FD that did have one slam fire or double tap on his 45, it also has been sent back.

They say the turn around at SA is only a couple days, guess I get to find out.

Sent the XDS in 2 weeks ago...still waiting. Sounds like about a month turn around. We'll see. I haven't heard of anyone getting their handgun back yet...

I've heard by many that there isn't even a fix to them yet so it may be awhile until anyone gets theirs back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mine hasn't hiccupped at all, I aint sending mine till they get a fix or at least get turnaround a little quicker

Latest email from SA, Fix and testing is done, they will start shipping back on 21 oct 13

Mine never did that but I sent it in to them under the recall program.

Evidently, the testing was successful on the fix and updates are underway. SA indicated that the shipping would commence beginning yesterday based on the order that they received the handguns.