Thread: MORE Gun CONTROL by executive order........No more crime

Default MORE Gun CONTROL by executive order........No more crime

"The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."

I know I shouldn't reply, but it's like watching a train wreck; you know it's wrong, but you can't look away.

From the article: "The Obama administration is also proposing a federal rule to stop those who would be ineligible to pass a background check from skirting the law by registering certain guns, like machine guns and short-barreled shotguns, to a corporation or trust. The new rule would require people associated with those entities, like beneficiaries and trustees, to undergo the same type of fingerprint-based background checks as individuals if they want to register those types of guns."

Well, there goes your "NFA Lawyer Trust" loophole of...let's see, how did that guy word it...oh yeah, here it is, in his own words:

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooterassassin View Post
    I'm wanting to get a suppressor for my .22lr pistol and don't really know the best way to go about it. I know I don't want to get the chiefs signature, finger prints, photo, $150.00 fee, yada yada yada. So I've been looking into a "Trust".
    (emphasis added, of course.)

Better hurry up with that paperwork, boys.

Southwest Alaska

Why does the public so easily fall prey to MSM psycho-propaganda? "Loophole".

If someone wants to form up a business and take advantage of certain tax breaks and protect themselves individually apart from the entity they wish to form, is this a "loophole"? I guess forming a "corporation" is a loophole then and we need to close it right away!! Do away with those nasty corporations and LLC's.

Trusts are not new. They can be set up for many things. And all are entirely legal. In the case of the NFA trust, it is to make sure that when one passes away, the NFA item possession is legally passed on to the individual(s) named in the trust. Now, as a side benefit (remember tax breaks and incentives with corp's and LLC's?), since the item is owned/purchased by the trust, the individual personally do not have to get the CLEO sign off (the MSM's psy-campaign is to label this a "loophole"). BUT the applicant still has to pay $200 tax and background check by the feds before the transfer can take place (what the MSM doesn't bother to state, knowing people are too lazy to look it up for themselves). People need to do only a moments research before regurgitating silliness.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

There really isn’t any "loophole" with a trust or a corporation for NFA items. All NFA rules still currently apply, which means that ineligible individuals cannot be trustees or corporation members. Also, the individual that picks up the NFA Item from the Class III dealer must undergo a NICS check. Are there guys out there that have figured a way to game the system? Probably, but I would be it is a tiny fraction of the guys that use the trust and corp route for legitimate purposes. Despite what you see on TV, criminals aren’t using registered machineguns, silencers, destructive devices, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns and any other weapons to commit crimes.. They are using STOLEN ones, and even then, in only a tiny percentage of the gun crimes, are items that would be NFA classified being used. For the most part, they are using the same guns you and I can buy at Sportsman's or Wal-Mart, but they are doing it thru straw man purchases.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio