Thread: Help if you have cast reload data?

Default Help if you have cast reload data?

I have a large box of 8x57 brass and .321 cast lead 190 grain RN bullets. I want to load for the old Gew 88. Anyony have any published load data for cast in this combo, or know of any data online? I want to stay under 2000 fps. Thanks.

Check CE Harris via google

he has extensive data

I would try some trailboss, the data is easy to calculate yourself and I have had good luck accuracy wise with it. I also think that 2000fps would be unobtainable with that powder.

It 's always good to check your bore diameter. I think the 88 had the old .318" bore.

27 to 28 grains of A5744 should give you about 1800-1900 fps and be very safe. No fillers or anything needed.

A .321 lead bullet in a .318 bore should not be a problem if seated off the lands, so it gets a running start.

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    It 's always good to check your bore diameter. I think the 88 had the old .318" bore.
    It is a .318 bore, actually mine slugs at .3185 . All US made loaded cartridges for the 8x57 have a .321 bullet vs the .323 bullet. I've shot hundreds of .321 jacketed bullets from this rifle starting back in the 1970s.

Looks like A5744, will work. I could also use IMR 3031 or 4895. However, for kicks, I'm looking at the C.E. Harris proven Unique and Red Dot loads. I just don't want to have to use a filler.