Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: with a bang!

Default with a bang!

continued my guiding season right after my dads sheep hunt guiding a father and son team (great guys) on an early season brown bear hunt down on the fish...good results, starting it off with a bang this year so far!

the son killed an ancient old giant that i've been hunting for three seasons now. ralph cianciarulo nearly had an opportunity at him last year but it was too dark for filming so he opted out...i caught up to him right at dark this season at the same slough he's been fishing for three years now. 9'7 and super, super old. great old ugly scarred up bear with more rear teeth wear than i've seen yet on any bear. my boss thinks he's pushing 30 years old harder than any bear we've ever taken. lab work with tell in the end. what a bear....i wont lie though: i'll miss him when he aint there to play the game come next year. there'll be another good boar there (its a good fish hole as i've taken multiple nice males from it) but it wont be him....and it wont be quite the same ya know.
    114.jpg
    the father sealed the hunt up tight with a solid 9 + boar yesterday that i havent even squared yet. he proved to be a really old bear also, with one canine completely gone, lotsa molar wear, and tons of scarring on his face and neck. the guys did some great shooting, and had a blast. it was a neat hunt....i even got it done early enough to come back and shower up for my next hunt...whoda thunk it right?

183.jpg

Cool way to kick off your season.

Keep up the hard work, and sucess will be yours.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Definitely two big bears. Its to bad they don't have any fur though. What does someone do with a bear like either of those? Just curious. Just keep the skull?

Quote Originally Posted by akmike84 View Post
    Definitely two big bears. Its to bad they don't have any fur though. What does someone do with a bear like either of those? Just curious. Just keep the skull?
    they just mount em, or rug em...same as most clients. they know when they book the early hunts that the big boys wont have hair yet. no doubt...to a bear hunter, its a shame cause we know what the same bear would look like in oct or may...but it aint my bear man, i just get to hunt it. as long as the hunter knows it when he books, then all i have to say about the whole deal is hell yeah! cause i get a few more chances to play my favorite game before they all go take the big nap for six months. i'll guide em all day down in the jungle on the fish... as long as the clients wanna come, i'll be there.

and hell man...take a look at my clients faces in the one pic with the young mans bear: aint nobody worried about short hair there bro. beleive it or not, when asked their first requirements in a brown bear trophy; most hunters reply with "big" as the first prerequisite...not "pretty"

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Cool way to kick off your season.

Keep up the hard work, and sucess will be yours.
    thanks chip! hope summer is treating you and yours well. havent been on much lately...i'll have to catch up on your calendar thread...always good stuff.

Nice going Zack, Now onto 70 inch Moose!!

Those things are HUGE!!! Those clients look stoked, that's what it's all about!! Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by ninefoot View Post
    they just mount em, or rug em...same as most clients. they know when they book the early hunts that the big boys wont have hair yet. no doubt...to a bear hunter, its a shame cause we know what the same bear would look like in oct or may...but it aint my bear man, i just get to hunt it. as long as the hunter knows it when he books, then all i have to say about the whole deal is hell yeah! cause i get a few more chances to play my favorite game before they all go take the big nap for six months. i'll guide em all day down in the jungle on the fish... as long as the clients wanna come, i'll be there.

and hell man...take a look at my clients faces in the one pic with the young mans bear: aint nobody worried about short hair there bro. beleive it or not, when asked their first requirements in a brown bear trophy; most hunters reply with "big" as the first prerequisite...not "pretty"
    it does suck with that big of an old bear being shot with short hair. Just curious if you have any pics from the last couple years of him bedded with a full coat? With that said, that kids smile grows hair on that bear!! To me it's an October bear just in that smile. Good goin boys! Get back up in may and get a full coat
    Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

Well Done, Zack.

Like them both just as they are with life's scars showing. The bride is as pretty in the morning waking up as the evening going out. Congrats on great start for fall.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Like them both just as they are with life's scars showing. The bride is as pretty in the morning waking up as the evening going out. Congrats on great start for fall.
    I agree, I'd be jacked to have either one on my wall!

Well done sir and it is nice to see a father son team enjoying each others company - not enough of those kinda days in life for sure...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Zack your passion shows through you are with out a doubt one of the best guides out there. Wade is lucky to have you..

I just gotta think that you guys are green scoring those skulls in camp. I know it ain't official, but I would be more interested in a green skull score than a hide square.
    Good work on your part. Hope the next round of bears don't smell that sweet freshly showered scent when your stalking them!!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    I just gotta think that you guys are green scoring those skulls in camp. I know it ain't official, but I would be more interested in a green skull score than a hide square.
    Good work on your part. Hope the next round of bears don't smell that sweet freshly showered scent when your stalking them!!
    Oh sorry...and yeah i always get green measurements (im rarely around for the sealing due to being in the field) for my personal notes. the sons bear goes a touch over 27 and the fathers bear right at 26. par for the course for that country on those sized bears.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefoot View Post
    continued my guiding season right after my dads sheep hunt guiding a father and son team (great guys) on an early season brown bear hunt down on the fish...good results, starting it off with a bang this year so far!

the son killed an ancient old giant that i've been hunting for three seasons now. ralph cianciarulo nearly had an opportunity at him last year but it was too dark for filming so he opted out...i caught up to him right at dark this season at the same slough he's been fishing for three years now. 9'7 and super, super old. great old ugly scarred up bear with more rear teeth wear than i've seen yet on any bear. my boss thinks he's pushing 30 years old harder than any bear we've ever taken. lab work with tell in the end. what a bear....i wont lie though: i'll miss him when he aint there to play the game come next year. there'll be another good boar there (its a good fish hole as i've taken multiple nice males from it) but it wont be him....and it wont be quite the same ya know.
    114.jpg
    the father sealed the hunt up tight with a solid 9 + boar yesterday that i havent even squared yet. he proved to be a really old bear also, with one canine completely gone, lotsa molar wear, and tons of scarring on his face and neck. the guys did some great shooting, and had a blast. it was a neat hunt....i even got it done early enough to come back and shower up for my next hunt...whoda thunk it right?

183.jpg
    Your legend grows. I wish I can afford to hunt with you. So awesome

Zack don't let Jake talk you into truck driving
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Just out of curiosity, what general part of the state are you guiding these bears in?

Quote Originally Posted by AKRecurveAssassin View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what general part of the state are you guiding these bears in?
    Western...

Wouldn't those bears be classified as Grizzly's.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast