Thread: ATV Tires

Default ATV Tires

I have a 2009 Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler and want to upgrade my tires. I think I have narrowed it down to swamp lites based on what I do. I stopped into the local shop and they want $650 for a set of 4 mounted on my current rims. I went on line and see them for sale from $75 to $98 in many places, plus shipping. I was wondering what folks experiences are in getting tires for their ATVs. Would you buy on line or local, and why? Any recommended shops in Alaska or on line? Thanks for your input.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Roger two of the names that popped up on here before that were Alaska friendly were motosport.com and chaparral racing.. I have never used them but though I would pass it along

I bought a set of MudLite XTR's locally at the end of season at a good price a few years ago, and bought a set Maxxis Zilla's on-line from Chaparral Motorsports this year. Huge savings on-line, but getting them shipped up here is the tricky part. Most on-line dealers have free shipping anywhere in the lower 48, but don't like shipping up here. I had mine shipped free to Seattle and then shipped up on a freight forwarder to Alaska and saved hundreds. I usually shop locally for most everything to support local businesses, but everyone up here charges full retail plus freight for ATV tires so on-line will save hundreds so it's a wallet no brainer if you can work your own shipping.

I bought super grip lites (itp mud lite clone) on amazon that had free shipping.. they work great and have better bead protection than the ITPs

Bought my last set earlier this year from Amazon and shipping was free to Fairbanks. Plus I saved a lot of money also.

I found the good deals on Amazon a few days ago and think this is what I will do. Motosports would ship free to Seattle, then I could ship Carlile Express for a $100, still > $100 savings from anything in the state which is outrageous IMHO.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Yup, ordered mine and my buddies back 8 tires (27" executioners) for our rangers off of Amazon with free shipping.

+2 for Amazon and free shipping. I even ordered my 35" truck tires and saved over $100 per tire over the lowest quote in town delivered to my front door in three days.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

I remember back in 2004 I ordered 4 28inch ITP 589s on rims with a bootle of slime in each tire and spacers from Mudthrowers.com and the shipping was free because they thought "AK" was Arkansas. Needless to say I tried buying tires from them 2 years ago and they made it very clear that there was no shipping to Alaska "AK". I guess everyone gets one and I used mine up.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

I tried every seller of ITP tires listed in Amazon, none of them will ship to Eagle River.