Thread: achillies bottom protection ?

Default achillies bottom protection ?

anyone know of a good company or coating to protect the bottom of a achillies sport boat?

Give the folks at Alaska Raft and Kayak a call. They can set you up with a really tough urethane coating.

Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Yes, eurathane is the way to go. Just make sure that it is installed after thorough and proper sanding and priming - - that is the only way it should be done.

I would also check with Brian over at Alaska Raft Connection. Very knowledgeable guy who does great work.

I think that Danny's in anchorage does it too.

Dannys does it, I looked into it for my raft after seeing a raft at the boat show with the rhino hide looking stuff on it.

Sent from my phone while I should be working.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

thanks for the responses. i think im looking for the rhino hide stuff mentioned by jr2 i had used a liquid rubber product on an older zodiac but wanting a pro job done on this newer boat .any idea the cost for a 16 ft boat with rhino hide?

I had Dannys do my 18' Achilles this last spring. Great job and turnaround. I believe a 16' up to the rub strakes would be in the $1000-1300 range. The stuff is tuff and very slick. Definitely slides onto my trailer easier than before. If youd like to take a look at mine let me know.