Thread: buying a new stock for a rem ???

Default buying a new stock for a rem ???

Ok so I am looking at buying a new stock for a remmington 700. are all of the actionsfor the correct lenght the same as far as stocks go and the fit or not ??? the rifle is a 30-06.

And I know you have to have the right action lenght and being a 30-06 it would be a long action.

They are all pretty much the same for the 700. The only differnce as you noted is short action vs long action. and floor plate VS Detachable magazine. The bell and carlsons with aluminum bedding block seem to be pretty good for the money and the HS precisions are also good for the money.

Everyone makes a replacement stock for Remington 700s. For a 30-06 you'll need a long action. There are 3 basic kinds of 700 stocks. The ADL has a blind magazine which is enclosed. The second, Classic & BDL has a floor plate . The next is a removable magazine version.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

The HS Precision has a nice palm swell. It's a little heavy, it's the stock on the Rem 700 Sendero. McMillan makes a nice carbon fiber stock for the 700. It's called the Hunter Edge Technology.

ok sounds great thanks for the info

I have two Bell and Carlson long action stocks for the Remington 700. Both have the full length aluminum bedding block and are used but in excellent shape. Also have an excellent condition Brown's Precision for that rifle if you want to spend more. It is about 25% to 33% of the weight of the other two. PM me if you want to know more and want pictures.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Are you looking for a plastic replacement or a wooden one?
    I have a few BDL stocksin my shop, and one ADL I think,

Also, if you want wood, check out Boyd's laminates.

I bought a Lone Wolf for my Rem 700 in .280. It was the Summit XL. It's a great stock, but I think Lone Wolf is no longer in business under the same fellow?
    Wildcat composites in Alberta makes some nice stuff as well.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

Stocky Stocks and Midway have a very good selection of stocks and user friendly menus and search engines. I have owned 3 HS Precision Sendero stocks with full aluminum bedding block (still have one) and 2 B&C Medalists with full aluminum bedding block. The Sendero stocks are for heavy barrels but HS has sporter stock versions as well. My B&C medalists are holding Vanguard actions but they come in 700 versions also.

I like both but the HS stocks cost almost $100 more than the B&C and I don't see a big difference in their function or quality so whenever there is a B&C available for my action and barrel, I'll get that. My first HS stocks came with the Sendero rifles used. The other stock I bought off off of a forum used in like new condition for a good price.

There are a number of other choices including McMillan and Manners on the upper end of the spectrum, but with a hefty price tag. I would not spend the $$$ just to put a factory rifle in one unless I was giving it a total semi-custom upgrade and even then I like the B&C when I can get it.
    "You will never know how much it cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it."
    ~ John Quincy Adams

for a Remington 700 the "world is your oyster" ... I'd bet there are more different types, weights, materials and configurations for that action than all others combined - In lightweight composites (NOT PLASTIC) there's MPI, Bansner, AH HECK ! just google "lightweight Remington rifle stocks" and you will be amazed what comes up

Quote Originally Posted by back country View Post
    for a Remington 700 the "world is your oyster" ... I'd bet there are more different types, weights, materials and configurations for that action than all others combined
    Kind of like a small block Chevy, everyone builds something for it...