Thread: check engine light

Default check engine light

The check engine light on my 2011 Big Boss 6x6 came on a few times on a ride last week end and a few times I was getting poor throttle response and low rpms. Oil clean and full, air filter clean and dry and radiator fluid ok. We did hit some mud holes. Any ideas as to what caused this? Water in fuel?

Sure you did this but check the front of the radiator and see if it is covered in muck, etc. My 500 will block up and will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    Sure you did this but check the front of the radiator and see if it is covered in muck, etc. My 500 will block up and will do the same.
    That is a BIG issue with the water cooled machines, the radiator gets overlooked when time comes to clean the machines. Like everything else that needs a wash after an outing the radiator needs it twice as much. If at all possible clean it from the back side as well as possible then from the front, finish from the back.

Also check your plug before I shunned Polaris 13 years ago the plug fouled all the time and would cause the same thing.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Mud blocked up the radiator my old kodiak I had while out at King river used my sons super soaker to blast the mud off. Caused a coolant light to come on at the time.