Thread: Remington Model 700 .243 - My new rifle!

Default Remington Model 700 .243 - My new rifle!

I picked up a nice rifle on here. Had a new barrel, 6 power scope, cool stock, sling, hard case, dies, plus a 100 rounds of ammo! I took it out a couple of weeks ago and was able to make 3 to 4" groups at 100 yards. I'll get better and keep shooting, but my dad says I can shoot a moose or caribou if it's within 100 yards! I can't wait!

Bob

Congrats on the new rifle. .243 is one of my favorite calibers, i took my first big game animal with one, and now my son has one. Keep practicing, you should be able to tighten those groups up

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Sounds great, Bob. I love the .243 too. Took several deer with it back home and I'm thinking about trying it on a caribou this fall. Supposedly it makes a great predator rifle too.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Good for you Bob! I know a lady who takes a moose with her .243 nearly every year.

Well done Bob! The 243 round is a very versatile cartridge in the hands of a good shooter!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Quote Originally Posted by denalibob View Post
    I picked up a nice rifle on here. Had a new barrel, 6 power scope, cool stock, sling, hard case, dies, plus a 100 rounds of ammo! I took it out a couple of weeks ago and was able to make 3 to 4" groups at 100 yards. I'll get better and keep shooting, but my dad says I can shoot a moose or caribou if it's within 100 yards! I can't wait!

Bob
    IMG_0008.jpg
    That was a darn good rifle. It hurt to put it in your uncle's hands, but I had to sell it to keep a 1943 Husqvarna mauser. I'll try to swing by next time I'm up there. Brand new barrel on that rifle, BTW. Only 21 rounds plus the factory test firing went through it. A friend of mine did that paint job for free for me. I hope that rifle does you well up there and stops the heart of many hoofed mammals.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6