Thread: Guide who was MAULED, his account of what happened

Default Guide who was MAULED, his account of what happened

Lesson learned,lucky man for sure.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Sure glad he is alright and made it out, I alway hunt with a second person even while dressing a animal out my partner or I stand guard for any kind of bear advance, you just cannot be complacent while in the back country as while we are there we are not at the top of the food chain.

D

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1951 View Post
    Sure glad he is alright and made it out, I alway hunt with a second person even while dressing a animal out my partner or I stand guard for any kind of bear advance, you just cannot be complacent while in the back country as while we are there we are not at the top of the food chain.

D
    For sure with habituated pet bears
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

"I am partly to blame. I got complacent, and I paid for it," he said. "I guess I should have had a gun in my hand, safety off, ready to shoot."
    Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2013/08/26/304424...#storylink=cpy
    Yes Sir! That is how I have always and will continue to approach a kill site. It is a shame that he had to be reminded of that neccessity in such a traumatic fashion. Once again, hats off to those who saved this man, he is extremely fortunate! Best wishes Mr, Tuttle.

Thanks AGL4now. I got charged this year too hiking down by skilak lake fortunately it turned into a bluff charge once the cubs scampered into the woods behind her but it felt like the real thing was going down the way she came at me. I''m blaming myself though usually I make enough noise to warn them to step out of the way but I was close to the turnaround part of the trail (Hidden Creek Trail) and was too quiet too soon.

Wow, he is lucky!!
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

I happened to meet one of the PJ's that helped save him at my kids school the other day, he said the guy was stable but was in bad need of a serious serving of antibiotic which they had and gave to him. Told me that guy was lucky as the weather was absolute crap.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Those rescuers deserve a great deal of respect.