Thread: Ranger 6x6 rim help

Default Ranger 6x6 rim help

I'm looking at buying an entire set of rims for the ranger. I want to leave the factory tires on the factory rims and just want another set to put my executioners on. Are the rims all the same? I was talking to a salesman about buying an entire set and he said they are all 12x7. I have no idea what that means, but I do know the front rims are NOT the same as the back. Any help appreciated as I am going to be changing out the tires this next week and am hoping to not have to pull the tires off the rims for the new tires.

Northway I am not an expert so take my advice for what you are paying... . 12 x 7 means a 12 in diameter rim tha is 7 inches wide. Most atv tires are either 12" or 14 " rim size . Just look at your tire and they will probably say something like 27 x 12 x9 or 27 x 12 x 11. Or something like that. That just mean the tire are 27" diameter for a 12" rim and the tire width is either 9" or 11" or similar. Usually you will want a 9 inch wide on the front and 11 or 12 on the rears. But as you said you already have the tires. Iirc and this is the advice you should double check on is that as long as your tire are 12" they will fit those 12x7 wheels. On the wider tires the rims are just set back in a bit from the side wall. The other thing if you are buying used rims you need to know the bolt pattern. I can't recall that at the minute but it seems most manufactures have thier own so arctic cat rims won't fit on a Polaris. Hope this made some sense to ya

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Northway I am not an expert so take my advice for what you are paying... . 12 x 7 means a 12 in diameter rim tha is 7 inches wide. Most atv tires are either 12" or 14 " rim size . Just look at your tire and they will probably say something like 27 x 12 x9 or 27 x 12 x 11. Or something like that. That just mean the tire are 27" diameter for a 12" rim and the tire width is either 9" or 11" or similar. Usually you will want a 9 inch wide on the front and 11 or 12 on the rears. But as you said you already have the tires. Iirc and this is the advice you should double check on is that as long as your tire are 12" they will fit those 12x7 wheels. On the wider tires the rims are just set back in a bit from the side wall. The other thing if you are buying used rims you need to know the bolt pattern. I can't recall that at the minute but it seems most manufactures have thier own so arctic cat rims won't fit on a Polaris. Hope this made some sense to ya
    Thanks Bear. That makes sense.