Thread: Fairbanks Grayling

Default Fairbanks Grayling

Wife and I fished our favorite river up here in the Golden Heart area again. Heavy, sporadic, much needed rain, fell and raised those waters that for the first time all summer were finally higher and fuller. We worked our favorite waters with the usual patterns and were blessed with a few grayling in slightly different locations due to more water and faster currents. The fish were there.

Beautiful day on Sunday, absolutely fall-like. Plenty more to come, we hope, fishing the ever-arctic grayling.
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!

Got any pics to share?
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

We're still at the point where where there's water there's fish, but they'll be turning around presently. The water's definitely getting colder the past couple of days (temperatures below freezing in Two Rivers the past few nights).

One thing I've noticed the past few weeks is that there are a lot of sculpins on the upper river, more than I've seen before. I don't have streamer hooks and haven't tied any sculpin patterns but I'm curious how they'd do for someone.
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

Quote Originally Posted by mlshore View Post
    We're still at the point where where there's water there's fish, but they'll be turning around presently. The water's definitely getting colder the past couple of days (temperatures below freezing in Two Rivers the past few nights).

One thing I've noticed the past few weeks is that there are a lot of sculpins on the upper river, more than I've seen before. I don't have streamer hooks and haven't tied any sculpin patterns but I'm curious how they'd do for someone.
    Hi mlshore, We will try tomorrow and cast afew sculpins if I can scare some up. Been doing some dappling too w/some good results. We fished way up stream clean into October last year and did fine. It got real cold after that and we were done. I can't figure out how to post pics but we were all dressed up at the end last year. We still should have at least a month, that would be nice.
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!