Before we have the match I need to know:

Who is planning to show up? I need as least 9 people to say: Yes, I will show up and shoot.

Please let me know by 2pm Thursday so that I can let everyone know if the match is a go or no go.

NRA Mid-Range Prone/F-Class Rifle Match

The Alaska Rifle Club will hold a NRA Mid-Range Prone/F-Class match on Saturday August, 31 at the Richardson Pedneau Range. Sign up time will be 8AM to 8:30AM. This will be a 60 shot for record match with unlimited sighters. The match fee will be $20.00 for annual ARC members or $25.00 for one day members. Open chamber indicators will be required and will be available for $1 each. I have attached the Match Program.

There will be 60 shots for record at 300, 500, and 600 yards all slow fire prone plus sighters. For the mid-range prone category you must shoot off a sling but you can use a scope or "Any Sights". F class & F-TR use bipods.

There will be one change to the Match program. The time will be 30 minutes with unlimited sighters and 20 shots for record at each distance.

The Black Powder Cartridge shooters are invited too. We set up the match so that Black Powder Target Rifle shooters' score will count for classification. All the disciplines have a mid-range format and this makes for a good multi-discipline match.

We are going to start allowing rifles with muzzle brakes. They will shoot out on the end away from everyone else and their scores will not count towards the match.

Everyone is required to sign up in the parking lot adjacent to Pedneau. I have attached the Hold Harmless form that the Army is requiring everyone to sign. Please print one for yourself and bring it. You only have to sign it once for the year and the club keeps them.

The club has loaner M1 Garands and AR15s that you can use for the match. We have ammo (for sale) or you can bring FACTORY ammo (NO handloads). If you want to use a rifle contact me.

The Army has tightened the rules on bringing firearms onto the base. Because Pedneau is not on the main base, we do not have to worry about them. If you go through the main gate you must register all firearms.

The Army range control has taken a firm stand on range rules. There will be no personal vehicles other than the emergency designated vehicle on the Range. So, either you have to carry your equipment or put it in the emergency vehicle.

This mailing is for members of the Alaska Rifle Club and other interested parties. We do not share our member addresses with anyone! Your address is only utilized for communications from the ARC.
If you would prefer not to receive our e-mails in the future, please reply with the word “Un-Subscribe” in the subject line.

Hope to see you there!

Mark Friest
Alaska Rifle Club