Thread: Swede lake trail

Default Swede lake trail

For those who know the trail and cross the middle fork here is what awaits you... The alternative is the hill its doable but lots of rocks... Ensure your brakes are in good working order when coming down cause it will be one hell of a ride... Also some folks swamped wheelers in the middle fork as well be careful..
    Attached Images Attached Images

image.jpgCouple more pics for those who know the trail its very obvious it washed out pretty good this spring...
    this is doable in wheelers and rangers as well...

image.jpg
    This is after the rocks its pretty deep but still passable...

Thanks for the report. It's been a few years since I've been back there in the Jeep.

Me and another bud think if your in a track vehicle or argo it will be a long day... Reason why you will have to move big rocks not small rocks... Some folks are hoping the big track vehicles will bust in a new trail i highly doubt that will happen.

I was up the right hand creek trail and back down the hill trail on Aug 15 with an argo no tracks. and no trailer. The creek trail was not too bad in most parts but there were several large rocks like two to three feet in diameter also there where two spots where there was a three foot cliff or waterfall had there been water. I had to turn right ninety degrees and climb out of the trail, creek and bushwack. I dont think I could have done that with a trailer. I also dont think I could pull a trailer up the hill without a winch it will be interesting when I go back with camping gear, I hope some one puts in a decent trail.

I would also like to bring up the two crossings on the Middle Fork. In past years the down stream crossing has been the shallowest and slowest moving water but since the flooding that has changed.

Use the upstream straight across crossing when in atvs, buggys or track rigs. Not sure about argos since I have no experience in them?

Good to know................but would be even better to know if there were any bou at the end of that rainbo...............I mean trail!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Thanks for the information. Wanted to hunt that trail last weekend but the stomach bug and a moose got in the way It looks like it will be a little technical but doable

Quote Originally Posted by McLucky View Post
    Thanks for the information. Wanted to hunt that trail last weekend but the stomach bug and a moose got in the way It looks like it will be a little technical but doable
    The rocks aren't the technical part its the muskeg bogs after that

Years ago I did some of the first GPS work on the SLT for the BLM> We have huge GPS units strapped to out Honda Forman's and spent 2 full days taking every trail we could find so the BLM could have some baseline data. I was handle bar deep in a nasty braid when a track rig came around the corner and almost crushed my wheeler. The dude could not see me on my Honda and I was stuck and thought I was dead. That trail always have been a mess and I guess it has not improved in the past 15 years!

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country
    Drop Camps & Float Hunts
    Unit 23-Kotz
    Now booking 2014 hunts
    www.northwestalaska.net