Thread: Full Curl Archery

Red face Full Curl Archery

I have been in Anchorage for five days finding things to do. So finally made it over to FCA. I was kind of looking around for a bow with more let-off as I just had a disk removed in my neck and it fused back together. So I went in. Someone asked me within a few minutes what I wanted. I was thinking between another Bowtech or a Mathews. Usually pro shops get pushy and tell you, you need this and that, and this is the fastest that you have to have. No pressure, took the Mathews back to try a few shots and that was all it took. Options were laid out for the rest, sights and attachments. Again no pressure. I was told I would be able to pick it up by noon the next day, all set up, a dozen arrows fletched and cut, all accessories I requested. So we rang it up and I went to the campsite for the nite. Arrived next day, we did the last minute tuning that I had to be there for and that was it. Great service, not pushy, did what they said when they said they would. Even remembered my name the next day. I was quite impressed with the store, great place, very pleased.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Glad you had a good experience as well. Great people and we have bought several bows from Full Curl.

Dave and Joni are great people!
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Since it came up.. I will say it again. I have shot professionally all over and been in a lot of shops. Full curl is with out a doubt one of the nicest I have seen anywhere! They are professional ,the shop is bright and clean ,they are helpful and not pushy,and they are hunters and that is important when you are selling hunting equipment!!!

I'm glad somebody is being treated well, I can tell you I don't feel welcome in their shop. I have a very hard time goin in there. I'll admit they have a great shop and a good selection of archery products. I have bought quite a bit from them, but they aren't the first choice.
    Not trying to burst any bubbles or negative press. just stating my opinion.
    Diamond Marquis

Would you tell us why you don't feel welcome at Full Curl. The experience has been just the opposite for me and all the other patrons I know. I would sincerely like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Sniper View Post
    I'm glad somebody is being treated well, I can tell you I don't feel welcome in their shop. I have a very hard time goin in there. I'll admit they have a great shop and a good selection of archery products. I have bought quite a bit from them, but they aren't the first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ak68 View Post
    Would you tell us why you don't feel welcome at Full Curl. The experience has been just the opposite for me and all the other patrons I know. I would sincerely like to know.
    agree with you I would like to know also even if its through a pm.. I would bet Dave and Joni would appreciate any feedback even if negative so the could make thier shop better...

I did not use the Mathews on my recent elk hunt. Figured that changing bows 5 days before a hunt would not be a great idea. Anyways Tuesday is the opening of New York State deer season, and yes, the Mathews will be the bow of choice. I have been shooting it as much as I can. If I do my part, I have shot 2" groups at 40 yards. Love it! Most consistent shooting bow I have ever shot. For the first time in years I am trying mechanicals too. Rage 2-blade broadheads. The practice broadhead in each practice shoots identical to my field points. So we will see. Five deer tags to fill and so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Sniper View Post

Sorry to hear that opinion Sniper. Completely opposite of my dealings with Dave and Joni. I'm not a stick and strings guy and they know I won't spend a dime in their shop, yet they are always smiling and helpful every time I stop in or see them at GASS in March. They are top notch in my book.

Had a great experience will Full Curl Archery. I drew an DM 444 archery moose tag. You have to pass an proficiency test before they will issue the tag. I had been practicing for weeks with field tips and shooting great up to 45 yards. When I put my broad heads on (Thunderhead 125's) at forty yards a nice group but 8" inches to the left, this was a problem. The other challenge was I live in Valdez and we do not have an archery shop in town. I showed up at Full Curl Archery on Saturday, tuned my bow and recommended switching broad heads and checked my arrows and I was able to re-site my bow in at their shop on Sunday. I passed the proficiency test on Monday, was issued my tag. Now I just have to find a bull moose. Full Curl Archery was very helpful and I would recommend them to others.

So far the new Mathews Creed has taken two whitetail does this season back in New York. Tonight's was a difficult 7 yard shot. The Rage broadheads are performing well. She went 40 yards and piled up. Below the spine on the hit and sliced through the other lung and out the lower chest. Easy blood trail. Love the Creed!

Attachment 75158

The new Creed took deer number three today. 8-point buck at about 15 yards during the gun season. That makes 6 deer so far this season between my son and I. Five does and todays buck.